Rislone compatability

Who knows with an oil like mobile 1
wink.gif

Originally Posted by P10crew
Is rislone treatment compatable with full synthetic mobile 1? Thanks

Which Rislone treatment? And which Mobil oil are you using? What vehicle and what engine?

You need to be specific!

In most cases no OTC additives need to be added to modern oils unless you have a specific, verified problem.

Last edited:
90 Silverado 5.7

Sounds like the dudes at the parts house when I ask for a jug of wiper fluid lol

Last edited:
A noisy lifter on start up

The oil and additive in the picture above can be used together to possibly remedy a noisy lifter.

A noisy lifter on start up

Cold startup?...... or every startup?
If cold, are you sure that noise isn't the oil filter ADBV chattering?

I have a question in regards to seals. I noticed Rislone is now sporting a "High Mileage Formula" badge on it, but makes no specific claim as a seal conditioner in anything I can find. Will, or can, TMP ester condition seals like esters in some HM oils?

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
I have a question in regards to seals. I noticed Rislone is now sporting a "High Mileage Formula" badge on it, but makes no specific claim as a seal conditioner in anything I can find. Will, or can, TMP ester condition seals like esters in some HM oils?

It's a concentrated version of the original.

^^^I recently purchased a 32 ounce bottle at O'Reilly and it has same verbiage. The concentrate version is in the 16.9 ounce bottle.

TMP esters can condition seals.

Originally Posted by MrQuackers
^^^I recently purchased a 32 ounce bottle at O'Reilly and it has same verbiage. The concentrate version is in the 16.9 ounce bottle.

I prefer this Original 32oz bottle, over-that of the 16oz Concentrate. Worked immediately for me, even when using and comparing the same volume used. Newer technology is not always better.

Last edited:
Reactions: a5m
Originally Posted by MolaKule

TMP esters can condition seals.

Thanks!

Back