Change of diet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last 16 weeks I have been on a 5,000 kcal or more per day diet due to the job I was doing. I am not used to eating three big meals a day and I'm glad I can go back on a more sensible diet now.The cafeteria on site was cranking out meals round the clock. Here's an example of dinner, brisket with mixed vegetables and a corn muffin.Not show are the very heavy dessert and sugar-loaded coffee.I have probably never eaten that many carbs in my life.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Are you going to tell us the job?

20.gif

+1
I'd also like a job in that field.

That's actually a pretty modest lunch or dinner plate there. Looks to be about 700-1000 cal. Fairly healthy foods even with the bun. You won't get particularly fat eating that....unless you pile 1,000+ cal in sugars and other fats on top of it for dessert.
beer3.gif

Last edited:
Why show us the normal part of the meal, not the unhealthy dessert and drink?

Your diet is due to you, not the job. You shouldn't lie to yourself about why you're fat now? I sure don't...

We'll, nobody had just one plate. It was cafeteria style food with various main dish options. There was always roast beef available. I don't think i'll have that for a while. I only can eat so much meat, and I ended up eating a lot more potatoes and pie than I was used to. Each meal came in at around 1,800 kcal. To the guy who thinks I came back fat, I actually lost a few pounds and weigh now barely 184 lb. it's true that the extra calorie intake was due to constant cold weather. I got two months off now and plan on warming up in Costa Rica for a couple weeks in February before starting my new job in March. I'm now really tired of beef and potatoes and eggs and pancakes.

You needed the calories and fat due to the cold weather and the work. Looks like they fed the workers very well.

Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
Originally Posted by pbm
I'd still be hungry after that meal....

Same here lol

Haha me too! That's an appetizer to me :p

Nothing wrong with what is on that plate. Just skip the sugar in the coffee and desert.

Trust me guys. I needed energy quickly and metabolized the carbs rapidly. I mentioned last summer that I had to undergo a series of medical tests. That's how they came up with a custom-tailored diet and exercise plan. This morning I had avocado toast and fresh coconut water. I'll skip lunch and have an early dinner. I'm lusting for a carnitas burrito with lots of hot sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back