Engines like Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

All the discussion about oil on BITOG, and that engine would have done much better on any brand or any grade whatsoever.

Man, it has been a long time since I've seen a spun rod bearing! I hurt just thinking of the noises that engine must have been making...

I have been the "oil changer" in the family for a long time.
I moved out of the house a long time ago.
During some holiday visit I went to change my Dad's '83 Buick Regal's oil.
20 or so ounces of oil crept out of the drain hole.

More than that guy's engine I suppose.

[Linked Image]

I thought this meant it was low on water. I kept filling the thingee with the flip cap and blue water in it, (it was low) and it still didn't turn off. Then I filled it until it flowed over and the light stayed on stayed on so I figured it was broken. hmmm....?

Wow, I'd love to hear the backstory on that one. Project Farm???
lol.gif
"Will Prestone work as an engine lubricant? Let's find out"

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
[Linked Image]

I thought this meant it was low on water. I kept filling the thingee with the flip cap and blue water in it, (it was low) and it still didn't turn off. Then I filled it until it flowed over and the light stayed on stayed on so I figured it was broken. hmmm....?

banana2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
25.gif

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
[Linked Image]

It does look more like a tea kettle than an oil jug unless you're old enough to remember when gas stations had those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back