Just watched this....Scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by supton

Just looked again, and it looks like he was hit by the SUV, and this caused him to swerve. Look at the six second mark, and slow down the playback.

🎯🎯🎯

Originally Posted by MNgopher
Delete - decided its better to say nothing at all.

+1
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Just looked again, and it looks like he was hit by the SUV, and this caused him to swerve. Look at the six second mark, and slow down the playback.

🎯🎯🎯

The 18 wheeler truck driver would of hit the camper / pickup truck even if he was not bumped by the SUV.

I'm in Austin / Leander / Georgetown, TX right now and there's been some foggy mornings that you simply can not drive too fast with poor visibility.

Well, I'll just say I know the standard detour when one gets sideways on our freeway

5mph would have made him a target of his own--likely to be rearended by someone else. Granted, in a big rig, he'd be in good shape to shrug it off.

I wonder if he was just following traffic, letting the vehicles ahead be his eyes? I didn't see anyone in front of him, but I suspect many do just that in inclement weather, just watch the vehicle in front of you, and hope for the best.

The truck driver, being a professional, should know that he can't stop as quickly as a car and that it would be dangerous for him to use the leading car's brake lights for a braking signal.
He needs to drive his own rig.

Last edited:
I agree 100 percent ^^^^^

That little SUV was not the cause totally of that swerve....

Last edited:
Even considering the suv move, it still 'appears to me' the truck driver was driving too fast for the foggy conditions. That apparently prevented him from seeing the accident site in time to slow down entering the scene. Put another way, it would appear he was overdriving his vision area and lights. As for charges if any, I guess that's up to the authorities. Most importantly none of the injuries fatal, which watching the video is really amazing.

Drivers (including semi drivers) just will not slow down for any reason. I don't understand what's so da** important that people have to be driving so fast all of the time...NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HUMAN LIVES! SLOW DOWN!!!

Originally Posted by Malo83
Just saw this on the morning news, Stupidity on the truck drivers part, speeding in the fog.
31.gif

Also, should not speed in the rain. People don't think about that, but, if someone comes into your lane, you really can't stop in time and bad things happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back