How quick does your Christmas tree come down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put ours up when we cut it fresh just after thanksgiving, take it down New Year's Day.

I take it down by New Year's Day at the latest. By then, Christmas has already been over for a whole week. I don't see the point in continuing to celebrate a holiday that's been over for that long. I just took mine down today. I'm sick of Christmas and I needed the living room space back anyway.

Originally Posted by red7404
never went up

Same here as well
It sits in the back of the garage in the box.

Christmas meaning has been lost in today's society.

Originally Posted by GoldDot40
About 8PM on Christmas day. Had all of our decorations back on the attic by 10PM Christmas night.

Wow, that is quick!

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted by red7404
never went up

Same here.

Never went up.. As stated, no need.

This is also another year I worked on both Christmas, and Eve. I was offered both days off, to observe, if I wanted to. My response was.. "I see no problem with working and making money on this day, I can still honor and revere the true meaning of this day whether I work or not!" And they liked that.

Originally Posted by Donald
I read somewhere that in Germany they rent and deliver a live Christmas tree in a pot and then remove it after Christmas.

It is not a rent if it can't go back the next year though.

Originally Posted by Trav
Didn't even bother with one this year and probably wont have one again now there are no kids at home, I don't see the point.

If you can't find reasons for the season, you have lost sight on the point, or maybe never had true sight.

My kids are grown and gone from this house. But when they visit in December, reasons for the season almost blindside them, literally. Without spirituality and history lessons of 2K years ago, on the other side of our planet, well that's the reason why you feel the void these days.
The Christmas season is much more than our kids being at home the last weeks of December. It has 50 more weeks of the year too. It represents how we must act and share all year-round, only without wrapped presents, Christmas lights and trees.

Please don't play a spiritless, homeowner Grinch-type next year. You don't need a religion god, to have faith in the season and what it defines in goodwill giving and cheer. Try a new start...... all over again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back