Elon working New Year's Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
There is a reason Elon is successful... It's called work ethic.]

Jeff who woulda thunk it !!

Come live in Seattle and you get to work everyday of the year (holidays, weekends, etc) due to the company culture in this town
37.gif

Lol...I have 11 years of higher education. I worked very hard for those degrees and I work very hard when I'm at work. I have a great work ethic. I own my own business and I try and spend as little time there as possible because I come from a longline of work-o-holics who wasted too much of their lives at work just to drop dead in their 40's and 50's. I pay my employees well and give them a great benefits package so they too can spend time away from work because they too work very hard. I don't see this as an admirable quality. Yes, I'm very successful with this attitude and my staff and I are probably a whole lot happier. I'm sure everyone working at the plant tonight wished he'd go home so they could go home - tonight is not going to make or break anything. He works 120 hours because he's an ego maniac who doesn't know how to delegate because he believes he's the smartest guy in the room....always. That Tesla truck is an abomination of ego. My take is he literally wanted to see what kind of [censored] truck the masses who have had the Kool-aid would be willing to buy. It's horrible!

Last edited:
That's because he makes a [censored] ton of money doing so.

If he works those extra hours, and the plant manages to deliver all those vehicles. Then it'll cause Tesla to make a lot of money. Aka HE makes a lot of money.

Anyone else working those same hours will just get the same amount of money in their paycheck. Of course there's overtime pay but that's not always significant.

Elon is crazy for how much he works. I'm convinced he would actually have better productivity if he dialed it back 10-20%.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
I thought working on New Year's Eve was typical/common? I can't remember an employer ever giving me that day off.

I work in an office setting with "use it or lose it" vacation time. I usually save a week plus going into fall, just in case I get sick (there's personal time also but I just lump it all together). If I don't use it, I take the last week of the year off.

Working in an office can be great though--so many people out, can get some work done! Then again, traffic can be brutal, if one has to drive past a mall--I swear, traffic was worse after Christmas than before!

A lot of us work a lotta hours and holidays. I get that.
I have been more than 20 years without a real vacation.
And yes it has paid off; I am one of the lucky ones.

My point here is, now many automaobile manufacturer CEOs, or brass, work like Musk does?
Especially those that are billionaires.

All good and happy New Years to all. Make 2020 a good one.

Originally Posted by splinter
That's Mr. Musk to the commoners. And fanbois.

Other reports have him fixin' to partake some herb later this evening.

I'm neither, but Musk is notorious for his insane workaholism. I'm sure he will fire up a spleef later, and there are many criticisms you can levy at him, but his work ethic is not one of them..

Originally Posted by dareo
Elon is crazy for how much he works. I'm convinced he would actually have better productivity if he dialed it back 10-20%.

Pretty much this...

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
A lot of us work a lotta hours and holidays. I get that.
I have been more than 20 years without a real vacation.
And yes it has paid off; I am one of the lucky ones.

My point here is, now many automaobile manufacturer CEOs, or brass, work like Musk does?
Especially those that are billionaires.

Yes, but working too much gives him more time to make bad decisions.
smile.gif

All good and happy New Years to all. Make 2020 a good one.

You too...

I don't think he is pulling wrenches... Maybe handing out cookies? Pre-rolls?
Here's the line at the Fremont plant right up the road a piece.
And, contrary to common belief, not everyone in CA drives a Tesla. There's like 40M of us!

Dec_31_2019.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back