Repo gone wrong.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Yep. "Lizard Lick".

You have to willingly surrender a significant number of brain cells to watch it though, LOL.
lol.gif

https://www.lizardlicktowing.com/

That show is staged 90% of the time.

7 million people are 90 days late on their loans. Lots of repo business in the very near future.

Luckily he was able to get towed before the owner woke up.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by dogememe
that could have ended up very dangerous... dodge quality strikes again lol.

Extreme shock load would destroy any brand in the same scenario...

+1.
Going OT here...a little bit, but....many years ago, I was at my brother's house and he was watching a NASCAR race. I'm not the NASCAR fan, he was, but I digress.
Anyway, Jeff Gordon was in the pits getting new tires and fuel. They let the jack down, he does a burnout getting out of the pits...and tears up his rear end. He is out of the race and the interviewer goes to him and of course they have to do the manufacturer's plug all the time. Gordon: "My Dupont Chevy this, Chevy that, Chevy this, Chevy that, my Chevy tore up the rear end....blah, blah, blah!" Meanwhile they are standing right by the busted up rear end that they showed had come apart and it was, of course, a modified Ford 9" rear end. I busted up laughing and my brother didn't quite understand why I was laughing until I explained this irony.

Originally Posted by mrsilv04
Originally Posted by mcrn
I do not understand why people buy cars knowing they can not afford it.

But people that just out right buy a vehicle they know they can not afford drives me crazy.

The banks and credit unions allow them to do it. It is that simple.

The credit union that I belong to built and paved a new parking lot... just for repos. They have a better selection than a lot of used car dealers, and then they refuse to sell the repos to people like me.. someone who actually pays his bills. They load them onto semis and take them directly to the auction. where a dealer can buy them back... and start the cycle over again.

The repossessed motorcycles parked behind the building in early winter is laughable. Apparently, people don't want to keep something that they can't use in the winter, but have to pay for anyway.... who would have thought?

They shut my credit card off once, because they didn't like charge that I'd made to Wal-Mart. LOL. I have a WM less than a mile from my house, so I spend quite a bit of money there, quite often. Then, they pick one random charge, and shut my card off. If they'd only checked my history...

A manager from the Credit union called me on the phone over the credit card issue, and I let him know that they needed to be a little less paranoid about potential credit card fraud as a threat to the Credit Union, and instead be a little more concerned about their lending losses, and tighten up their loan lending practices a bit. Spending the money to build a new parking lot, for the sole purpose of storing all of their bad decisions, seems a bit much.

I know how.....but I meant their own responsibility. They can only blame themselves.

Originally Posted by demarpaint

I hear ya! I sold cars to a lot of people with lousy credit. The vast majority don't care their credit is bad, and have no intentions of paying for the car. I recall one customer's girl friend telling him he couldn't afford the payments. His reply was let them come and take it, if they can find it.

I really want to know how these people can maintain their vehicle, in terms of registration and insurance. Aren't they all connected? (maybe not, but I don't know, hence the question). If they default on the loan, the banks must have some kind of option, other than repo, to either get the money or make sure that the vehicles can not be used, if they can not find the vehicles for repossession.

As a cocky young guy I would do sand starts/burnouts in my 1965 Mustang (with modified engine). Eventually I snapped the output shaft in the transmission. Put in a transmission from a junkyard.

Fifty years latter the lesson learned was if you do crazy things to abuse your vehicle something will probably break. You will then need to fix it and pay for the part/repair.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
Too much throttle and not enough brains.

so you'd rather get stuck? rwd dually trucks aren't known for great traction

Because doing $1000+ damage to the tow truck then having to wait for help while hoping that the reposee does not find you is so much better.

The repo guy made a very rookie mistake.

Originally Posted by Danno
Had a driver spin the wheels on an Internationsl 5 ton rental and then got traction. Twisted the driveshaft and snapped the drive shaft. Not a cheap fix.

This happens quite often on wintry roads. If true there would be snapped shafts on a daily basis here in Michigan.

Originally Posted by Kestas
Had a driver spin the wheels on an Internationsl 5 ton rental and then got traction. Twisted the driveshaft and snapped the drive shaft. Not a cheap fix.

This happens quite often on wintry roads. If true there would be snapped shafts on a daily basis here in Michigan.

People who have driven on winter roads should be expecting the spinning wheels to catch and be waiting to feel it catch. Maybe a Florida driver driving in New England for the first time.

Originally Posted by dishdude
Now that's quite the story! I hate deadbeats, repomen and banks that extend credit at ridiculous terms to people that shouldn't have any credit...

All are part of the system of perpetual economic growth.

Originally Posted by mrsilv04
A manager from the Credit union called me on the phone over the credit card issue, and I let him know that they needed to be a little less paranoid about potential credit card fraud as a threat to the Credit Union, and instead be a little more concerned about their lending losses, and tighten up their loan lending practices a bit. Spending the money to build a new parking lot, for the sole purpose of storing all of their bad decisions, seems a bit much.

A credit unions is a member-owned financial coop. That means you're just as much a part of the credit union's decisions as the manager is.

There is an easy solution if you don't like their lending practices: Stop being a member and find a different credit union that more aligns with your financial values.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Luckily he was able to get another wheel lift wrecker to come get him away from the area without people waking up.

I can't believe the bang from the busted yoke didn't wake people up. That had to make a heck of a noise.

He must have been doing a bit more than a little spinning. That thing had to have been wound out when it instantly got traction. The weakest part will always break first. Those differentials have massive internals and shafts, so the driveline components are first to go.

Originally Posted by Donald

People who have driven on winter roads should be expecting the spinning wheels to catch and be waiting to feel it catch. Maybe a Florida driver driving in New England for the first time.

By the same reasoning, shouldn't the driver of the dually have expected the spinning wheels to catch on dry pavement?

Originally Posted by Donald

By the same reasoning, shouldn't the driver of the dually have expected the spinning wheels to catch on dry pavement?

Yes. Driver error.

Originally Posted by mcrn
I do not understand why people buy cars knowing they can not afford it. With a truck like this it was probably used for work and maybe that type of work was failing or whatever the case may be. I feel worse for people that are in that situation but then again buy a good used truck for a cheaper price until the business is doing better.

But people that just out right buy a vehicle they know they can not afford drives me crazy.

The businessmen praying upon the people who do this do not bother you though and handing out credit?

Repossession is part of the business model of many car sellers and lenders.

Originally Posted by dishdude
Now that's quite the story! I hate deadbeats, repomen and banks that extend credit at ridiculous terms to people that shouldn't have any credit...so everyone except you lost on this deal and I call that a win.

Everyone deserves what they got including the idiot repo man. Next he will learn we hope.....

Hopefully you profited off this scenario!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by clinebarger
that could have ended up very dangerous... dodge quality strikes again lol.

GM uses the same 11.5" AAM differential that Dodge does. They're not known for this failure. Coming on to dry pavement with that much weight & spinning the wheels can just as easily break a u-joint!

Interesting, didn't know that. What does Ford use out of curiosity?

Yet you felt compelled to cast shade with no knowledge of the facts. Interesting.

Yeah … coming off wet grass spinning tires will dry quickly and could be very clean and grip strong
AAM axles have been good for me … some having Eaton internals

That's what extreme brand fan boys do.

I've noticed on Youtube videos in the comments for a video highlighting any specific truck brand, that the fan boys for the other brands will be talking trash. I picture a bunch of 11 year old kids who are super fan boys of the brand of truck their daddy drives.

Originally Posted by 02SE
That's what extreme brand fan boys do.

I've noticed on Youtube videos in the comments for a video highlighting any specific truck brand, that the fan boys for the other brands will be talking trash. I picture a bunch of 11 year old kids who are super fan boys of the brand of truck their daddy drives.

Hahahahah, that's a great mental picture
lol.gif

Back