LSU or Clemson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a loyal LSU fan. Lots of my family is from greater BR and other parts of LA. LSU is looking real good, but OU was missing about a third of their starters, while Clemson KO'ed OSU. I am optimistic about LSU's chances, but Clemson and their QB scares me to death.

Should be a good game. Got to love how the dirty hit really riled up LSU and how they didn't let off the gas. I have no favorite. Anyone but Alabama.

I hate either one has to lose. Dabo is a class guy at Clemson. Glad to see LSU back on top in the SEC as well. LSU looks like men among boys, but I don't think anyone knows how good Clemson is if they get pushed like they did this past Saturday. Should be a great game. One thing for sure the Tigers are going to be the champs.

Originally Posted by sopususer
One thing for sure the Tigers are going to be the champs.

I got a chuckle out of this, recollecting that for quite some time the Canadian Football League had 2 of its 8 teams named the "Rough Riders" (although it might have been "Roughriders" and "Rough Riders", I don't know and don't care enough to Google). The two actually played for the Grey Cup at one point in the 70's.

Unless Clemson can consistently pressure the qb, it's another mismatch.
They've got two weeks to work on blitz schemes, but there's a reason there's a 6 point spread.

I think Clemson is going to be blown out. They barely made it out of the Ohio St game and it's one of the few ranked teams they played this year.
Frankly Clemson got lucky to win against Ohio State.

LSU is going to dominate. If Clemson angers them the sky is the limit on the point spread.

The man defense that LSU plays is going to have a hard time against a quarterback that can run it down their throat. Play zone, and he will pick them apart. I don't see LSU stopping Clemson offense period.

Originally Posted by Starman2112
I don't really care who wins but I think it will be LSU.

This. I'm just glad OSU lost. Being a PSU fan its understandable.
wink.gif

Its going to be a good game, that is for sure.
There is no such thing as luck for any team that is 14-0 for an entire season.

(AC1DD) I guess i LSU wins by "luck", you will take it the win? :eek:)

May the best team win ...
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Clemson 45-38...

OSU was a far better team than OU was to begin with... And LSUs defense is not a world stopper of a defense... They can be scored upon... This game will likely be a offense only game. . . It's what college football has devolved into mostly at times lately. A "low" scoring game like the game between Clemson and OSU 29-23 is a anomaly in today's college game.

And for any of you all old enough to remember... A big point spread can mean absolutely nothing. ..

1992 Sugar Bowl.... Miami Hurricanes vs Alabama...

Big spread in favor of Miami.... Alabama wins 34-13...
Everybody and I mean everybody favored the vaunted Hurricanes going into that game... And Miami got their donkeys kicked.

Last edited:
I'm a lifetime Ole Miss fan. That said, when it comes to the playoffs and National Championship, I cheer on whoever is representing the SEC. Go LSU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back