Oil for my 2017 Ford Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't really settled on a certain oil brand for my Escape, until now. I did quiet a bit of research and wanted to go with something different than what can be found at my local Walmart. I know Phillips 66 makes lubricants for Motorcraft and I wanted to try a Phillips 66 brand. Today, I stopped in at a local distributor and bought a case of Kendall GT-1 Max 5W30. I couldn't believe the price for this synthetic oil. I bought a 12/1 case for $46.56 before taxes. That comes out to $3.88/qt. That's a pretty good deal. I don't have to deal with coupons or rebates. I don't have to worry about the containers being tampered with. For now, the Kendall GT-1 Max 5W30 will be the oil that goes into my Escape

That's a great price for this full synthetic and it fills your Ford requirements. All that's missing is a Dexos 1 Gen 2 cert, for guys like me that want / need it.

The Kendall GT-1 (without the Max), has the Dexos cert.
Kendall GT-1 Dexos link

Last edited:
It's all good. This local distributor had a full line of Kendall oils. I should have thought about hitting this place before now.

I can only find it online and it's price is considerably higher..... $71.75 for 12

I'll await the Mobil-1 EP rebate promo next spring. Should be able to get 12 EPs for around $55 after rebate.

Wait - I only got B's in Basic Math. That number might be off slightly.....lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
That's a great price for this full synthetic and it fills your Ford requirements. All that's missing is a Dexos 1 Gen 2 cert, for guys like me that want / need it.
The Kendall GT-1 (without the Max), has the Dexos cert.
Kendall GT-1 Dexos link

The Max 5W30 meets the Ford WSS-M2C946-B1 spec, which includes an LSPI test for the 2.0T (as does the SN+ standard it also meets). Looks to me like the Max's Sulfated Ash level is a little too high for d1G2 at 1.02% (note that the d1G2 compliant product in the link is lower at 0.9%).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back