2005 TSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by maverickfhs
Looking at a 2005 TSX with AT, have been parked for almost a year and has ~120K miles.

Understand that gas can go bad, as per owner, fuel filter and relay has been replaced so as new gas has been added.

Should I stay away from it because of being parked or that shouldn't be a deal breaker? Thank you
thumbsup2.gif

Friends of mine bought an '07 or '09? I'm not sure how they differ, or if they do, but they never liked it. It was always needing some expensive something or other. You can start with around $1K for that timing belt that probably never got done at 105K.

The K series utilizes a timing chain. I hope they didnt pay $1k to change out a non existent timing belt. The 2nd gen's (09+) had oil consumption issues. The 1st gen's are pretty stout. Find one with a 6MT and they are a blast to drive.

Originally Posted by cpayne5
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by maverickfhs
Looking at a 2005 TSX with AT, have been parked for almost a year and has ~120K miles.

Understand that gas can go bad, as per owner, fuel filter and relay has been replaced so as new gas has been added.

Should I stay away from it because of being parked or that shouldn't be a deal breaker? Thank you
thumbsup2.gif

Friends of mine bought an '07 or '09? I'm not sure how they differ, or if they do, but they never liked it. It was always needing some expensive something or other. You can start with around $1K for that timing belt that probably never got done at 105K.

Good luck changing the timing belt on a K24.
wink.gif

My mistake. They had a TL. Acura and their alphabet soup.

Last edited:
2006 TSX owned since new. My opinion, best car/engine ever made by Honda. I have 240K. Biggest issue I've had was started and O2 sensors. A previous poster said the starter is difficult, it's not, just have to take the intake off. No big deal for anyone who knows how to change spark plugs. Car has ran like a Swiss watch from day 1. I've done a few valve adjustments. Crazy easy and never really out of whack. Honda did it right with the K24. The ONLY think that doesn't work on it is the driver side roof light. When I went to the Acura dealer sniffing around the TLX, I told the Acura guy I'd buy as soon as my car broke down. He asked what I drove and I told him, he said see you later, that car is never going to break on you. Also, ran Honda OEM ATF for the first 100K or so. I've had Castrol and Valvoline ATF since then. Transmission shifts snickity-snick. Can you tell I love my TSX?

I love our 2006 TSX too and hence trying to see if 2007 accord can be replaced with a 1st Gen TSX. Although accord also has K24 motor.

Not sure but I love the shape of TSX!

How bad is it if you put regular unleaded into a 2005 TSX? I'm interested in one, but the premium gas "requirement" is holding me back. Either because of the extra cost, or the lesser availability of such.

Originally Posted by pitzel
How bad is it if you put regular unleaded into a 2005 TSX? I'm interested in one, but the premium gas "requirement" is holding me back. Either because of the extra cost, or the lesser availability of such.

I'd try it for a tank
45.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

I'd try it for a tank
45.gif

I don't have one. But I'm looking at buying one potentially in the future.

If you drive easy, probably no big deal.
But 2 or 3 bucks per tank ain't gonna break the bank. That TSX should get close to 28 MPG anyway.
At least trade off and fill with lower grade and upper grade at fillup.
Or just hit Costco and be done with it.

Last edited:

You'll probably get pinging on acceleration.

Not to open a can of worms, but TSX can run fine on regular gas, might impact mpg a bit but it'll run.

There are a lot of threads about it on various forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back