College Football Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might tell YOU that. You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own FACTS!! WHO other than Clemson and Alabama has won the college playoffs? OSU that's who. Also they won a championship in the BCS era. Did you forget that? The last time a team from the Big Ten went undefeated it was (here again) OSU. It is super hard to go 12-0 in ANY conference. How come Michigan or Penn State don't go undefeated? In fact almost no college team goes undefeated each year. Even Clemson and Alabama has a hard time doing the undefeated thing. And lets face it, the ACC is NOT so tough of a conference! Look what happened to Syracuse vs. Maryland last week. And, the last 2 years they beat Texas both home and away. And, in the 2018 bowl season only Michigan lost their bowl game. EVERY other Big Ten team won their bowl game. The Big Ten is not a "cream puff conference" like what you seem to think. You are just jealous of OSU's continued success year in and year out. The SEC conference CAN talk the talk because they walk the walk. Alabama and Georgia are super teams. But didn't Georgia lose last year to Texas in their bowl game? AND, didn't OSU WIN their bowl game last year? AND the year before that? Also, how come NOBODY else outside of Clemson and Alabama is winning the college football playoff? Is EVERYONE else OVERRATED also? The FACTS spell it out! Talk is cheap....

OSU has won it all very few times. In FACT, they usually lose in the play-offs...and that's a fact, not an opinion...

That is a fact. For the first time you stated a fact! Wonderful! Also, the FACT is they are NOT overrated like you SEEM to think. And, OSU will have another great season like they always do....

I've been stating facts all along, but you won't accept them as such being an OSU Kool-Aid drinker. OSU will have another great season, they may even get into the play-offs, and then they will get blown out as usual...

Do you have ANY idea how the Michigan fans would LOVE to have the success OSU has? Or, what about the fans here in Tucson? They would go bonkers if their team went to the rose bowl and won it!! You just state OPINIONS not facts. You are just a hater of OSU. Now that's a FACT.... PS I LOVE all of college football not just OSU. I would LOVE to see the U of A go to the playoff. But the fans here want to fire the new coach already.... They sound a little like you...

You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you in the a**...

Last edited:
SO, YOU think you know more than the college football coaches who vote on where teams are ranked? Now that IS FUNNY!! They coach football for a living, make a very good wage, help kids get an education, have been around football for most of their lives and YOU KNOW more than they do?? Give me a break... PS, NOW that's a FACT you won't understand....

Check back with me when OSU gets blown out of the play-offs again and tell me how they're so appropriately ranked...

How is it you "know" that they are going to the playoff? Even if they went there and won it you would STILL say they were overrated. YOU STILL did not answer the question about how you KNOW MORE than the coaches who vote on the teams in the poll. Of course you can't because you don't know as much as they do. It is so OBVIOUS. Your position on this matter makes you look bad just so you know...

07.gif

Round 1 : grampi 🥊

If OSU won the NC I'd still say they were overrated? How can a team be overrated if they're the champs? You're just spewing garbage now. Obviously I've hit a nerve with you and you aren't going to let this thing go. Like I said, chime in again when OSU gets blown out of the play-offs (if they make it), and they will get blown out, and tell me how their ranking was correct...

Originally Posted by Astro14

Do they?

When they fail to graduate, those "benefits" are worth zero.
When they only passed the classes with the help of a tutor, and didn't actually learn much while in college, they are unprepared for life after football.
The stipends are a pittance compared with the education, and the future career, they missed while focused on playing.
Even if they're in the fortunate 2% who make it to the NFL, the average career in the NFL is three years.
And when they're done with that?
Uneducated is no way to start out life.

Fail to graduate=maybe study more?
Pass classes with tudor help: Do they belong in College
Stipends?: how will that help their career path?
2%? Supply vs demand
Uneducated? Again maybe they should not be there.

To me the solution is to have colleges be colleges. BTW PSU overall is in the top 10 ranking in quality of entire sports programs.. The compete at every level. Their graduation rate is 90%. They belong in college. And actually you probably have not really looked into it but Alabama's football graduation rate was 84%

Last edited:
Originally Posted by billpace1956
Are you going to answer the question? How is it you know more than the coaches who vote in the poll? You are just an OSU hater...

I guess I do know more than the coaches do when OSU gets their hinies kicked when they're highly ranked...which happens quite often...there, I answered your question, now make sure you come back here after OSU get destroyed and eat your crow...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Astro14
I lumped nothing together that did not belong together. I distinguished between schools.

I'm aware of the academic opportunity presents to players, but I question how many actually benefit from it. Clearly, failing to graduate represents a failure to capitalize on that opportunity.

The points remain:

Some schools make BIG money on football.

Football players, across ALL schools, graduate at lower rates than non-players.

That statistic is worse for athletes of color.

When schools like Harvard have the same graduation rate for player and non-players, the above statistic is clearly made up at a different academic tier.

And it's those players who are being exploited to make money for the school.

Not every player is exploited, but enough are that it sickens me.

For the record, I was a college athlete. It affected my grades.

But I wasn't ever under the delusion that a pro sports job was waiting for me...not a lot of professional rowing opportunities exist...

I didn't see much distinguishing among schools other than passing references to Ivy League schools touting higher academic standards when the issue ( as I understand it ) is that there's no hope for the future for those participating in college football. Apparently, we've migrated from no future to lower graduation rates than non-players. So...again, if a mid-major conference has a graduation rate of football teams that are ( for example ) within 10-20% of the top GSR metric used by the NCAA, then you're going to have to differentiate between schools a little better than you've done here. If there are conference football teams that have 80% graduation rates and the total graduation rate is 91%, then it's 1) telling me something I probably already know 2) doesn't reflect the level of failure espoused in your argument.

Yep, old topic. Just bringing it up again to make a point. Like I said, OSU is always over ranked and this season was no exception...

Want to talk about overrated? How about Oklahoma? LSU had them polishing their toilets with their own toothbrushes. That was a brutal beatdown. My brother is a big Boomer Sooner fan. I'm an Ole Miss fan, and I stand by them no matter what. However, I realize they suck. When it comes to the playoffs, I cheer on the team representing the SEC. My brother has been talking so much smack the past few weeks about how Oklahoma was going to bury LSU just like they've done with Alabama and Georgia in years past. He was excited and lively via text and Facebook until about the end of the 1st quarter. He was dead silent from that point onward.
lol.gif

None of us here thought that OU would win. A lot of us fans were silently wishing we didn't get into the playoff picture again. With that said, I'm sorry, I've been to previous LSU/OU games....those fans are the worse. With the score getting out of hand, LSU runs a 4th down play....really...I mean really??? As usual, no class.

I'm surprised Alabama wasn't in the playoffs.

Oklahoma was embarrassed against a much better LSU team.

I hope Clemson can win their next game.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I'm surprised Alabama wasn't in the playoffs.

Oklahoma was embarrassed against a much better LSU team.

I hope Clemson can win their next game.

I doubt very much that Clemson can beat LSU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back