2 supertech sizes same number

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing they are going to phase out one size?

Just weird they are using the 10575 box with the new size number inside it.

20191228_174956_Film1.jpg

20191228_175002_Film1.jpg

20191228_175105_Film1.jpg

Looks like they might be doing away with the ST10575 since it says on the ST10060 can that it "Replaces ST10575".

Also of note, the st6607 is to cover for the st7317. Same with STP at Autozone. So if you desire the 7317 size for your Honda or Nissan, you must get one of the three Fram's, a Mobil 1, or a K&N at Walmart or Autozone.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Looks like they might be doing away with the ST10575 since it says on the ST10060 can that it "Replaces ST10575".

probably stuck with the shorter design once the phase out is complete, too........

My speculation too would be the shorter of the two 10060 will be the final version offered. Also true 6607 is the consolidated application for the 7317 application in ST line up. However with the AZ STP blue filters no longer made by Champ Labs, the new manufacturer with China coo added a 7317 application back to the line up. At least that the case at all AZ locally. That coo now the same for all AZ STP filters.

if they were deleting the larger one that make sense I guess, less material required for the smaller one.

but If i had a vehicle that required that size I wouldn't want the smaller size, just seems strange to put on a smaller filter then what is spec'ed, unless you have a few vehicles where you would be able to get away with running one filter on all of them that is compatible with both sizes.

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
if they were deleting the larger one that make sense I guess, less material required for the smaller one.

but If i had a vehicle that required that size I wouldn't want the smaller size, just seems strange to put on a smaller filter then what is spec'ed, unless you have a few vehicles where you would be able to get away with running one filter on all of them that is compatible with both sizes.

Show me a gas-only engine owners manual that states a certain filter size requirement?
I haven't ever read a requirement for a certain brand, let-alone it's size. If such does exist somewhere, then it's likely an odd-ball, low volume, slow-selling vehicle / engine. I'll bet it's a pretty rare-read / stipulation..

Last edited:
From the pics to me it appears they are replacing the short one with the long one.

I have a 1988 Ford f150 5.0L that I used a Pl28001 filter which is halve the length of a pl3001. It's what I had laying around so that's what I used. Truck couldn't tell any difference and it took 5.5qrts not 6. The Pl20081 is also an obsolete number which the PL14670 replaced it. I think the PL 14760 is a hair smaller.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by Black_Thunder

Show me a gas-only engine owners manual that states a certain filter size requirement?
I haven't ever read a requirement for a certain brand, let-alone it's size. If such does exist somewhere, then it's likely an odd-ball, low volume, slow-selling vehicle / engine. I'll bet it's a pretty rare-read / stipulation..

I guess i didnt really mean required, more like spec'ed.

I know the ph2 size and ph10575 size are interchangeable, but the bypass pressures are different. And some vehicles need a shorter filter for clearance issues etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back