'19 Ram 1500 Classic Diff Fluid Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh.. Now I'm seeing a 68049954AC part number being thrown around for the 2016+ Ram 1500 T-cases. What I'm trying to figure out is if there's a difference between the 44-44's with the "automatic 4x4" feature and the more basic models like my 2017 with the full time on/off button for 4x4.

Really is amazing. I can buy most fluids and lubes for my AWD 2019 Pathfinder at Dollar General if I wanted to. For a RAM? Not so much! You can't even figure out what you need! Apparently dealers are confused on it too and have conflicting info.

Last edited:
That's annoying. I have an SLT, so just on/off as well. I'm guessing it's pretty basic, alot of Ram owners seem to be using Amsoil MVT. But it would be nice to know what the correct answer is!

I apologize because I know this has been discussed to some degree in the past, but wanted to re-hash for the benefit of this thread.

From what I gather, the reason for the 2 types of BW44-44 is as follows: The version with the clutches came out when push button on demand/auto 4x4 became an option. If you didn't have this option (just the 4x4 on/off button), you had the 44-44 with all gears, no clutch. Both types if TCs were available for a number of years.

Fast forward to 2016. Now regardless of the option package on your Ram 1500 4x4, they've all got the BW44-44 with clutch. The geared one is gone.

This whole thing has given me a massive headache and I gotta think we're overthinking it big time. LOL! Any modern day low viscosity, friction modified ATF (which they ALL are as far as I know), would probably work perfectly in the 2016+.

Originally Posted by JTK
I apologize because I know this has been discussed to some degree in the past, but wanted to re-hash for the benefit of this thread.

From what I gather, the reason for the 2 types of BW44-44 is as follows: The version with the clutches came out when push button on demand/auto 4x4 became an option. If you didn't have this option (just the 4x4 on/off button), you had the 44-44 with all gears, no clutch. Both types if TCs were available for a number of years.

Fast forward to 2016. Now regardless of the option package on your Ram 1500 4x4, they've all got the BW44-44 with clutch. The geared one is gone.

This whole thing has given me a massive headache and I gotta think we're overthinking it big time. LOL! Any modern day low viscosity, friction modified ATF (which they ALL are as far as I know), would probably work perfectly in the 2016+.

You're correct on the distinction between which TC the Auto 4x4 and Regular 4x4 models come paired with.

On the 1500RamEcodiesel.com site many members are using Maxlife ATF in their TC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back