My Dilute Calico Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 1 in every 3000 calico cats are male. This is Eva, my spayed female calico cat.
I have 2 other house cats that are neutered male tabby cats.

[Linked Image]

Thank you. I took this photo 2 or 3 days ago.
I have hundreds, if not thousands of pics of my cats.
I take a lot of photos of Eva especially.

Originally Posted by sloinker
[URL]https://www.bobistheoilgu[/URL]

What a creepy, awful photo.

I take it you don't like cats?

Yikes.

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
About 1 in every 3000 calico cats are male.

Then how come they aren't extinct? 3,000 girls for every guy isn't very good chances for sustainability.

Nice photo. Showed it to my old Tom and he agreed. I love cats. Had one or two my whole life.

Originally Posted by Bud
Nice photo. Showed it to my old Tom and he agreed. I love cats. Had one or two my whole life.

I do too. Eva showed up about the time my sister died in May 2017 so I got her spayed and let her adopt us.

Then how come they aren't extinct? 3,000 girls for every guy isn't very good chances for sustainability. [/quote]

Because it's a sex-linked characteristic. Like baldness in humans. If your maternal grandfather was bald then you will be bald (If you are a guy.)

That cat looks like trouble. I like the predator-type cats best.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by atikovi
About 1 in every 3000 calico cats are male.

Then how come they aren't extinct? 3,000 girls for every guy isn't very good chances for sustainability.

Calico isn't a breed of cat, it's a type of 3 colored, usually female tabby cat.
I'm sure there are a similar amount of male tabby cats to balance with the female calicos.

Originally Posted by Bud

I do too. Eva showed up about the time my sister died in May 2017 so I got her spayed and let her adopt us.

Another cat person here! We have two Himalayans. I grew up with cats, they own you, not the other way around
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

My cat Maisy (the darker colored one) laying with her boyfriend Rusty (my friends cat). She lives there permanently since I had to stay in a small bachelor's apartment going back to college. My current girlfriend is allergic to cats plus that is her home now. She loves his car and his yellow lab.

IMG_20191229_010809_01.jpg

My tortie kitten named Roo I adopted after my buddy and his girlfriend were fostering the litter she was in. She's 8 months old and we ended up going back for her tabby brother who never got adopted.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by sloinker
[URL]https://www.bobistheoilgu[/URL]

What a creepy, awful photo.

I take it you don't like cats?

Yikes.

You would be wrong. We have two cats and our household has always had cats. had cats growing up too. Just figured an evil cat photo was needed.
[IMG alt="[Linked Image]"]https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/attachments/usergals/2019/12/full-79196-39761-0107151031a.jpg
[Linked Image]

Princess and Sweat Pea, have had them 14 years +.

Good, glad to hear it. Nice photos of all of your cats.

Here's another pic of Eva.

[Linked Image]

This is Cubby, my oldest and most sociable cat. He's in my lap every day. He's close to 10 now.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back