They can't catch us all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in an area that has tons of off road vehicles. The cities have made laws forbidding atv riding within city limits. Can' t even ride on your own property! I don't agree with the laws but I understand how a few bozos messed things up for all of us.

Today I saw a huge herd of atv's riding right through town! Hundreds of them! Don't know who they were but I'm thinking they went on a ride to see the snow in the mountains.

They were all lined up waiting on a traffic light nearest to my house. They were lined up for miles! That many of them and not a cop in sight.

The fines for riding on the street is huge! Starting with immediate confiscation for a minimum of 30 days plus other offenses. Guess there is safety in numbers.

IMG_20191228_092605.jpg

Interesting situation, that's for sure. Wish you guys the best out there. Florida has corralled off road riders into smaller and smaller areas. To the point it's miserable to ride at areas like Croom due to overuse causing awful whoops and intolerable trail conditions.

Last edited:
Nice. I don't understand how the middle of the desert is off limits to ride. Focus on the idiots dumping garbage, I think that is the main reason everything becomes off limits. The high desert was great until the 90s you used to be allowed to ride anywhere.

One of the reasons I don't have ATVs in California, the other being the registration requirements. I do have a couple of farm vehicles that look a lot like ATVs.

around here more and more townships are posting trail routes on back roads and now even county highways.

they just started allowing ATVs to ride the roads a couple years ago, and in small towns you can now buy permits to run golf carts around town

ATVs are street legal here on all but the interstate. Need lights and a horn but that's about it. Register with the state, put a motorcycle plate on it, insurance, and vroom vroom all over the place. Its never an issue.

Originally Posted by Chris142
I live in an area that has tons of off road vehicles. The cities have made laws forbidding atv riding within city limits. Can' t even ride on your own property! I don't agree with the laws but I understand how a few bozos messed things up for all of us.

Today I saw a huge herd of atv's riding right through town! Hundreds of them! Don't know who they were but I'm thinking they went on a ride to see the snow in the mountains.

They were all lined up waiting on a traffic light nearest to my house. They were lined up for miles! That many of them and not a cop in sight.

The fines for riding on the street is huge! Starting with immediate confiscation for a minimum of 30 days plus other offenses. Guess there is safety in numbers.

Hwy. name, # ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back