Premium Guard PA99467 Efficiency

Much to my surprise, Premium Guard makes an air filter for the Giulia. At around $17 on Amazon, this beats the roughly $30 cost at a dealer and/or online Alfa suppliers by a decent amount. I will soon be giving this filter a shot, as my 30k interval is quickly approaching.

"The efficiency rating for PA99467 is 98.86% ( Initial) and 99.32% (Final). The dust used for the ISO 5011 test is A2 fine dust." -Chirag C., Product Engineer

Last edited:
Is the OE filter oiled?

Just curious, because I have noticed that many aftermarket filters quote impressive efficiency numbers but are not of the oiled design. Not sure if this matters though.

That's a good question. I unfortunately don't know the answer, but don't see it making a difference.

That's significantly better filtration than the big-name air filters I've received data from or about. Most places either use coarse test dust of won't say, which I assume means coarse dust, yet their numbers are worse to no better than this.

Yep, those are very good efficiency numbers, especially with using the fine dust in the ISO 5011 test.

One important thing here that applies to all dry air filters is that the efficiency improves between the initial test and the final test because of a precoat that is established on the filtering surface. As long as the seals are air tight, engine life improves when air filters are not changed until the pressure restriction reaches the design amount. This is typically way over the recommended mileage interval if you drive mostly on paved roads. Refer to information about "filter minder" restriction gauges.

Originally Posted by compratio10_5
One important thing here that applies to all dry air filters is that the efficiency improves between the initial test and the final test because of a precoat that is established on the filtering surface. As long as the seals are air tight, engine life improves when air filters are not changed until the pressure restriction reaches the design amount. This is typically way over the recommended mileage interval if you drive mostly on paved roads. Refer to information about "filter minder" restriction gauges.

01.gif

Driving ICE cars on the road, that's all needs to be known about our wheeled transport machinery.

After 30,100 miles, it was finally time to replace the stock filter. Here’s some comparison shots between the OE filter and the replacement Premium Guard.

I’m happy with the purchase. Build and fitment was almost indistinguishable. Will definitely buy again.
6BE35637-6CD6-4CA8-9996-AA466F9D27B2.jpeg

1B1DDFEA-C936-4721-A3D5-2CE259F2913F.jpeg

F66776F2-E117-49B7-90D8-AF874DD30A33.jpeg

41000A00-2189-4ED2-8261-0BAF819E3E92.jpeg

That filter looks good for another 30K.
Using a restriction gauge in my previous car I went 43K miles before restriction reached 11".
Book called for a 30K change.

Back