load range E and tire pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks CapriRacer….now I got a headache
lol.gif

**thanks all** for the opinions and advice.....I'll be digesting all of it.
12.gif

Merry Christmas

2013 1500 GMC 5.3L 275/60/20 Nitto EXO on stock 9X8.5 wheels, 42 PSI
2011 2500 GMC 6.6L 295/65/20 Toyo CT on Fuel 20X10" Cyclone wheels 65 PSI
2018 3500 Chev 6.6L 275.65/20 Nitto EXO on GM 20X8.5" wheels 75PSI

Thick oil and big E rated tires on everything, makes me the hillbilly of the north.

The ONLY correct answer here is to contact BF Goodrich and have them determine the proper psi based on a load chart conversion for that Specific tire.

My Tahoe came with a P rated 265 @ 35 psi. BFG recommended 50 psi based on the 3 load rating comparison / conversion.

My Goodyear Duratrac 285 D rated tires called specifically for 45 psi based on their Carter's directly from Goodyear

Anything else is speculation.

Yeah, I wouldn't go below 40 or so. Truth be known, those harder rubber, potentially high psi load range ‘E' tires can be terrible in snow, even at lower psi.

My older 2500 Sierra was bad with stock tires. I did the Blizzack thing when I wanted better traction.

Originally Posted by Mighty HD
The ONLY correct answer here is to contact BF Goodrich and have them determine the proper psi based on a load chart conversion for that Specific tire.

My Tahoe came with a P rated 265 @ 35 psi. BFG recommended 50 psi based on the 3 load rating comparison / conversion.

My Goodyear Duratrac 285 D rated tires called specifically for 45 psi based on their Carter's directly from Goodyear

I did ….. their answer …..I only went from 275's to 285's

Thanks for reaching out to the BFG Customer Care Team. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you. You've been assigned case number: 15668417. This will allow my team to quickly pull your claim details if any further questions arise.
Let's see how we can help.

Regarding your email stating:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
: have had your All-Terrain T/A KO2 - Size: LT285/65R18 tires on for the last 25K miles, love them, wearing excellent ;-) …..always wanted to ask what is the proper tire pressure for performance in snow.....thank you
I'd like to use my passion for BFGoodrich products to offer you the following information:

***We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our tires! For the inflation pressure, I do have to apologize, but you would have to go to a dealer for that. Where you have changed your tire size from the original equipment, I cannot do the proper calculations needed. A dealer would be able to assist you further with this request. I hope this information helps!***

We hope that your issue has been resolved or addressed to your satisfaction. If we can assist you further, please respond to this email or call us at 1-877-788-8899 (toll-free) between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. EST Monday through Saturday. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing BFGoodrich.

Sincerely,
Kelly
Consumer Care Department
Certified BFGoodrich Product Expert

Originally Posted by phillyFX4
Originally Posted by Mighty HD

I did ….. their answer …..I only went from 275's to 285's

Thanks for reaching out to the BFG Customer Care Team. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you. You've been assigned case number: 15668417. This will allow my team to quickly pull your claim details if any further questions arise.
Let's see how we can help.

Regarding your email stating:
: have had your All-Terrain T/A KO2 - Size: LT285/65R18 tires on for the last 25K miles, love them, wearing excellent ;-) …..always wanted to ask what is the proper tire pressure for performance in snow.....thank you
I'd like to use my passion for BFGoodrich products to offer you the following information:

***We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our tires! For the inflation pressure, I do have to apologize, but you would have to go to a dealer for that. Where you have changed your tire size from the original equipment, I cannot do the proper calculations needed. A dealer would be able to assist you further with this request. I hope this information helps!***

We hope that your issue has been resolved or addressed to your satisfaction. If we can assist you further, please respond to this email or call us at 1-877-788-8899 (toll-free) between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. EST Monday through Saturday. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing BFGoodrich.

Sincerely,
Kelly
Consumer Care Department
Certified BFGoodrich Product Expert

What an interesting response. In addition to not answering the question, they tried to avoid giving any sense of validation to the tire size increase. That way, if there was a problem, they would have no legal liability whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back