Distilled Water & Isopropyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tahoe_hybrid
Zeiss Lens Cleaning is the best

Agreed! I recall being Blown away with this stuff!
I think I still have a small bottle with the special cloth that came with Carl Zeiss Microscope on our
micro-assembly machines and our ball grid array repair machine. Gave Nikon a run for the money. A-O distant third.

Last edited:
I posted about this little wonder cloth back some time ago and how good it was. Months later my opinion still hasn't changed.

No more liquid solutions, paper towels, cloths, newspapers or mess. Simply dampen it, wring it out and wipe. It is that simple.

I now use it on everything.

Anyone want/need a bunch of Invisible Glass spray cans. I no longer need any of them.

https://www.kdcloth.com/

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I use Windex always have it don't have to mix a thing.

Windex won't touch the goop that builds up on the inside of the windshield...it just smears it around...

Last edited:
A friend of mine that owns a detailing place gave me this white cloth that you just run under hot water. You don't use any cleaner.

I'm sticking with 50/50 Distilled Water and Alcohol. The results are great and it's cheap.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by painfx
Originally Posted by buster
I've found this to be the best glass cleaner, even for LCD monitors. Works better than any LCD cleaner I've used. 1:1 ratio. How about you?

What % of the IPA?

I like my IPAs to be 7.5-11%, depending on how it's brewed.

I meant do you buy 70% ipa and dilute it 50/50?

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Now if one could still find newspaper, then you'd have a free/cheap lint free "cloth" to wipe with. Microfibers leave behind micro lint.

Yes, newspaper is fantastic for cleaning windows. I use it in conjunction with what the OP posted. Streak free everytime.

Originally Posted by grampi

Windex won't touch the goop that builds up on the inside of the windshield...it just smears it around...

confused.gif
??? I just use a cloth that's very lightly dampened (dang near dry) - and nothing else - on the inside of the windshield

To make a gal of window cleaner.
1 pt rubbing alcohol
1/2 cup ammonia
1 tsp dishwashing soap
the rest water

Originally Posted by ShieldArc
1 pt rubbing alcohol
1/2 cup ammonia
1 tsp dishwashing soap
the rest water

What temp will this homemade recipe freeze? How do you gauge -25/-30 degree temps?
Also, have you priced 91% iso-alky lately? I don't shop dollar stores btw.....

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by ShieldArc
1 pt rubbing alcohol
1/2 cup ammonia
1 tsp dishwashing soap
the rest water

What temp will this homemade recipe freeze? How do you gauge -25/-30 degree temps?
Also, have you priced 91% iso-alky lately? I don't shop dollar stores btw.....

I think he meant window cleaner, as in Windex replacement, not a washer fluid recipe for your car reservoir.

Windex won't remove the gunk that builds up on the inside of the windshield from the gasses produced by the sun beating down on the dash. It just smears it around...

I use the 50/50 distilled water/isopropyl or a KD Cloth. I won't use anything else now. Works so well.

Originally Posted by grampi

Windex won't remove the gunk that builds up on the inside of the windshield from the gasses produced by the sun beating down on the dash. It just smears it around...

AMEN!!

I'm going to have to try that one. I usually do a: Lacquer Thinner- Windex - newspaper wipe and dry routine.

Originally Posted by Trav
For glass, mix 10% white vinegar ($1 a gal) in water and newspaper. Try it!

Newspaper?

What is a newspaper?!?

lol.gif

Originally Posted by buster
I've found this to be the best glass cleaner, even for LCD monitors. Works better than any LCD cleaner I've used. 1:1 ratio. How about you?

Never tried it, but I have some mixed up for polishing jobs, I'll have to try it out next time I need some windshield cleaner.

I don't recommend newspaper. First, it's too expensive. Second, the ink they use now smears and makes a mess.

The local rag here is well over $600 a year for a subscription. You can buy a lot of other things with that.

Last edited:
Don't use newspaper especially with tint it will scratch. I use a high quality Microfiber towel with Mcguiars Window Cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back