What's your item that you hoard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Pat in Speedway
Bar soap. I've got a few brands in my rotation, but one of the drawers in the vanity is fully loaded.

Between this and laundry detergent, at least we're a clean bunch of people.
crackmeup2.gif

Maybe we hoard these things to clean up after changing oil?

I'm such a minimalist. I don't even hoard oil for the next change. I hate clutter and junk so I'm always donating things to Goodwill that I don't use.

Traffic signals... At least I tell myself I don't hoard them it's my primary hobby but I have probably 75 at last count, plus parts and controllers for them.

With lenses at 8" or 12" they're bigger than they look on the poles. I should've taken up stamp collecting.

Here's a few that followed me home from Englishtown a few years ago, they also provide a way for me to justify a truck or a wagon over a sedan.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Macsignals
Traffic signals... At least I tell myself I don't hoard them it's my primary hobby but I have probably 75 at last count, plus parts and controllers for them.

With lenses at 8" or 12" they're bigger than they look on the poles. I should've taken up stamp collecting.

Here's a few that followed me home from Englishtown a few years ago, they also provide a way for me to justify a truck or a wagon over a sedan.

[Linked Image]

Naw, those will fit in the trunk/back seat.

Gold and silver, but there's no such thing as "too much" for me when it comes to those items!

Nothing, really. For a little while, when I pick up a new hobby, I'll go a bit overboard on getting bits and things, but eventually interest will wane and then I'll be left with a small pile, which I might whittle down as time goes by.

I have a healthy collection of plastic bags, rubber bands, and pens, even though I will likely never use them all. Frequently not even one.

And I still will buy pens and Sharpie markers packs at a time.

Originally Posted by talest
I have a healthy collection of plastic bags, rubber bands, and pens, even though I will likely never use them all. Frequently not even one.

And I still will buy pens and Sharpie markers packs at a time.

Keep all that stuff inside. The rubber bands will dry rot and the markers will dry out after a while. Especially if you put them out in the hot garage.

Originally Posted by GoldDot40
Hardware. Nuts, bolts, screws, washers, etc. I have sorted bins full of all types of fasteners.

That's actually useful though. Think of all the time wasted to run tp the store and buy just one or 2 nuts and bolts.

I too have collected a good stash of fasteners (machine screws, nuts, washers, wood screws) collected over 45 years.
I've also amassed the following items:
Automotive light bulbs
Fuses
Plastic end caps / vacuum plugs
Zerks
Hose clamps
Radio vacuum tubes (>1000)

I'm more of a minimalist. I have things but they are all things I need and use. Even clothes, if I don't wear them anymore I donate them. I stock up on things like detergent, canned food, water, some fuel and other essentials.

Originally Posted by vavavroom
I'm more of a minimalist. I have things but they are all things I need and use. Even clothes, if I don't wear them anymore I donate them. I stock up on things like detergent, canned food, water, some fuel and other essentials.

Yep, me too.

Every drive through any neighborhood and see a person's garage door open and it's packed with old and unnecessary junk ?

They don't want to throw any of it away cause they have a ‘use' for it....

Ammo, watches, grills/smokers, hot wheels and Matchbox cars, exercise equipment, and pretty much every thing else according to my fiancée.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back