Meguiars Ceramic wax and Utimate wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do these two compare in gloss and protection ? I'm about to run out of the Tech 2.0 wax and looking to buy new stuff. I have been leaning towards the Ultimate wax but after seeing how easy the ceramic stuff is to use i might buy it.

I was using the Ice spray wax (blue spray bottle) and switched to the new ceramic and applied two coats with a two day cure between applications. The paint shines well and it beads water like mad even after a month of exposure to the elements. The spray wax is very easy to apply and Turtle Wax has some outstanding products! Instructions for the ceramic wax is to use a separate applicator and wipe off with a dry towel, much like a paste application but do not allow the stuff to haze over.

Not sure if you found your answer, but I used the Meguirs Detailer Ultimate Quick Wax, it is easy to apply and lasts about a month in summer weather. Per the previous post, switched to Turtle Wax because it seems to last longer and is comparable to the viscosity of Optimum spray wax. There is also some great reviews of the Seal & Shine sealant. I usually do a quick wipe down with ONR and follow it with a spray wax, way easier than a traditional wax.

What i was wondering is if the ceramic wax can be applied over many layered coats of the 2.0 tech wax or any other wax ? Should i wash and clay bar before applying the ceramic ?

Originally Posted by hardheaded
What i was wondering is if the ceramic wax can be applied over many layered coats of the 2.0 tech wax or any other wax ? Should i wash and clay bar before applying the ceramic ?

You can but you won't get the full benefit or the duration of the product. The best idea is to fully prep and wash before going with ceramic.

Being this time of year anything you do will protect the body. When the weather improves then do the full prep.

Maguairs Ultimate wax is nice and its made to last a long time.. The Cermamic wax is made to do a fast and easy..... I have used and I like it.... I really like to use before love bug season b/c the love bugs do not stick to the car. Also if Im going to travel b/c bugs wont stuck the hood or front bumper...

Give it a try.....

I try all waxes and right now Im useing Zymol.... Its all natrual... No chemicals..
Unique one-step cleaner/wax combination derived from a 120 year old German formula
Contains the highest grades of ingredients derived from nature
Internationally acclaimed world-class shine and protection
Gentle, safe, mild cleaning and petroleum solvent free.

There is a cutomer at work whom has very nice cars. He has a Tesla and Nissan GTR and its awesome looking and he swears by
Zymol Carbon Wax . I guess b/c his car is sorta a dark color....

i used the meguiars ultimate wax from day one on a brand new sonata and the paint looked showroom until my daughter hit a deer. i washed with the ultimate wash and also clayed every couple months. get a DA polisher to apply it to whole car in no time at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back