SuperGreen Smokeless Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall a recent thread about a consumer alert video basically saying to never use the stuff, and I wouldn't in a million years use it myself either, but I was purely curious, has anyone here ever tried it and if so did it actually work or did it end in you getting a new motor?

from marketing dictionary:
Smokeless = that which smokes.

Seems like it's blue smoke in this case.

I've seen a video from it on Youtube on PQIA's channel. The stuff doesn't even mix with 5w-30 motor oil. Ordinary 5w-30 and SuperGreen stay separated.

Originally Posted by Loobit
I've seen a video from it on Youtube on PQIA's channel. The stuff doesn't even mix with 5w-30 motor oil. Ordinary 5w-30 and SuperGreen stay separated.

Lol sure, post the link we have to see this.

Not that it matters.... When I raced karts, FHS was the only oil we used. This was in a Briggs flathead that turned 9800 ~ 10,200 every lap. We burned methanol and had to change the oil every heat.

I know this is a different animal, but that Lightening Modified oil was a fine as it gets.

Yikes
It looks and behaves like some kind of high viscosity polyalkene glycol refrigerant oil. Could be straight re-branded refrigerant PAG complete with phosphate AW. Appears to become somewhat gelatinous at low temperature?

As much as Project Farm's 'testing' isn't the greatest, this would be a good candidate for him to destroy some worn out old flathead Briggs motors with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back