What if Bobistheoilguy became a tv show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by madRiver
Collectively enough talent likely to keep it interesting. A google hangout with moderator and selected panel and topic of whatever can be interesting. Live streamed and recorded.

Someone at their desk another streaming off a phone whatever.

I've thought for years this would be fun to do. We could even use a platform like blogtalkradio.

Originally Posted by FordCapriDriver
Being realistic, a Bitog podcast would be genuinely interesting

Another interesting concept.

From all the years reading these boards it would have to be a game show like Family Feud with just a hint of Maury.

According to our survey.. which oil has the most moly?

According to our survey.. which oil has the highest Noack?

According to our survey.. which oil is the quietest?

Then comes in the Maury.. after the fight..

According to Blackstone... That was a lie!!

Originally Posted by madRiver
A google hangout with moderator and selected panel and topic of whatever can be interesting.

Back in the day, BITOG had a weekly chat session, not on any specific topic... just a handful of members shooting the breeze in the evening, loosely oil related.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Coming up next on BITOG, an oil filter will be cut open LIVE!

lol.gif

And the cutter will be rushed to the ER for ##stitches

Originally Posted by mclasser
It would probably be cringey as [censored].

You'd have the retentive sorts, the misers, the perfectionists, the clueless, the hacks.

You'd need an instigator, eg a reality tv producer, who finds the most perfect contrast, just to mash them up and stir up fighting.

I'll take a hard pass.

I do like that travelogue by the guy who drove to South America. Need more of that.

Most of you (us?) live boring lives. I don't really want to see another picture of a clean garage with one shelving unit with a stash of oil all oriented like little soldiers.

It would be "The Real Oil Guys of..."

Most of it would be worth watching but certain additives, oil brands, and tool stores would create Orange County Chopper-like drama with a usual cast of characters.

Originally Posted by eljefino

You'd have the retentive sorts, the misers, the perfectionists, the clueless, the hacks.

You'd need an instigator, eg a reality tv producer, who finds the most perfect contrast, just to mash them up and stir up fighting.

I'll take a hard pass.

I do like that travelogue by the guy who drove to South America. Need more of that.

Most of you (us?) live boring lives. I don't really want to see another picture of a clean garage with one shelving unit with a stash of oil all oriented like little soldiers.

Could have EdyVW and Scotty argue about random stuff.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Originally Posted by eljefino

I'll take a hard pass.

Could have EdyVW and Scotty argue about random stuff.

Definitely need a really naturally pretty girl to host, not a hollyweird horse face type but the beautiful girl next door. If there isn't a cute girl I'm not interested. She doesn't have to be in every segment just some.

Yes, Scotty should have already had his own TV show by now, the guy is hilarious, and pee pees off the entire industry whether manufacturers, repair, dealerships....everything.
I'll be watching Scotty and just imagining how the brass tacks are exploding with anger as they sit and watch him skewer their businesses..Hahaha.
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:

Yes, so what, sometimes "cringey" is good. Hahahaa. We all have guilty pleasures we like....so this would be one of those.

I'd like it to be a thorn in the side of the ENTIRE industry, honestly it needs to be shaken up in the most serious way. Whether dealerships, service, parts, ect...
I say roast them all! I agree about bringing on Scotty Kilmer. That guy is hilarious and sharp too. Nothing gets past him and he doesn't hold back at all.
Just what the doctor ordered for the rather immovable automotive industries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back