Typical Calibration Requirements for Forward Facing Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

twouvakind

Site Donor 2024
I have a 2016 Kia Soul! with a FCW (just beeps, no braking)system. It seems that when the battery is disconnected, then reconnected it no longer works. This is the second time this happened. The first time was a body shop repair(collision)and after a I took it back to them with my complaint, the insurance company paid them or a dealership an hour labor to reset/re-calibrate. I can find no info on re-calibration. Any help here?

Last edited:
Would one of those OBD memory saver widgets have done the trick to save said memory?

I am going to start by saying that the LDW system should not lose calibration. If the system is in need of calibration you should have warning lights on the dash and a fault code stored for loss of calibration. Generally calibration only needs to be performed after repairs. I suspect there is another issue but not being there with the car I cant say for sure. I personally do not like memory savers, they can cause issues in and of themselves. I prefer to use a jump pack connected to jump start or other convenient connections to save memory when changing a battery. Alternators and starters I usually replace live if at all possible. I try not to depower a car unless I absolutely have to

LDW works, FCWS does not. Maybe it is a deeper rooted problem? Never lost a radio preset either, so maybe it is something deeper. But LDW and FCWS uses the same camera? IDK, we all drove without these ancillary systems for decades. Thanks for the input Timmastertech.

According to the service manual, front collision warning can be turned on and off in the menus in the instrument cluster. Check that it did not revert to off in the user settings menu

Sure can be turned off, it gives a cute light on the dash when it is. It also has three "sensitivity" settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back