Junior Johnson Dies at 88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legendary Junior Johnson has died at the age of 88.
Jr was know as one of the last great American Hero's
He was one of a kind for sure!!!
RIP

Little note here with JJ passing. Back in the day took my then young son to the North Wilkesboro fall race (iirc) twice and both times sat in the Junior Johnson named stands in turn two. Stands themselves were nothing special, but decent view of the race. Went in the back way both times parked behind the stands and drove on dirt roads I would imagine similar to what JJ drove on in his bootlegging days. Back then one could buy a ticket at the gate to the N Wilkesboro race, and getting in and out the place was not bad at all.

Junior moved down from N Wilkesboro and has long lived in Charlotte. He was quite a character.

RIP JJ

Originally Posted by KGMtech
He had that great story about the difference between being involved and being committed to something.

Great man.

Yes, that's a funny story but as well explained as any example of being involved or committed to something as you'll ever hear.
He also tells the story about his moonshine days and one night while hauling a load of shine he came upon a car wreck
So Jr stops to help, turns out it was the local Sheriff and iirc the Sheriff has he's lady friend with him and of course they wanted and needed a ride to get back to town and get away from each other so Jr gave em ride and the only place for the sheriff to sit was on the boxes of shine. As the story goes neither party spoke about that ever again

Originally Posted by KGMtech
He had that great story about the difference between being involved and being committed to something.

Great man.

"When it comes to making my ham and eggs for breakfast, the hen is involved, but the pig is committed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back