RTG by far best oil I have ever used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOw that temps are dropping, I'm beginning to see full benefits of this oil. -20 cold starts, not a peep, no extra strain on other components such as belts etc, previous oil when cold you could hear for a few seconds that whine and noise and or valve train tick, Also using a car starter my mpg's dipped below 10 easily. As I stated when I first filled it, this oils by far gave me the biggest increase in mpg's. I went as high as 19.9 but that was when I pretty much had straight streches and taking back roads at that time as that was my main commute. Settled to 16.2 for stop and go. And for a Jeep that is dam good.

And in all honesty and full disclosure, I also use archoil. And run min 89 but mostly especially in winter 91. After 2 months I can honestly say at minimum this oil is at par if not better than anything you can buy, off the shelf. I was a steady M1 user, few times valvoline. But this oil will be the only oil I ever use. Quiet, smooth, I've converted a few other Jeep owners, and they were flabbergasted. Looking forward to get it tested, and this will be my second UOA. and only because of how impressed this oil has worked out.

I'm not the Tylpe to shove oil or my preferences down people's throats, but RTG 5w30. You will not be disappointed. No oil I ever used made so much of a visible, and tangible difference. Last year with M1 ep not only was it a louder but because of remote start, in which ah max I would and still do start for 5 min only. Mpg was 8.9. And even running remote start and being winter averaging 12.2.

Obviously negative comments will be a plenty.....but just trying to do people a service, I want the best for my vehicle....I have experience, not a dolt when it comes to cars, bikes etc. I'm very in tune with my toys. If you have the opportunity coming up or on the fence or thinking of new oil. RTG 5w30. If you find it doesn't live up to my hype.....by all means call me out on it.

Last edited:
Just want the best for fellow gear heads. And this oil is only oil that has came out and truly got my attention, and the difference was obvious from second it went in.

Last edited:
I recently grabbed a decent stash of RGT here in the US. Is it called RTG in Canada? Im assuming that we are talking about the same oil?

Personally i have never witnessed any difference in oils of the same grade. Perhaps when i do my next oil change i will be amazed.

I also have not witnessed any change due to octane ratings in my vehicles. Except i get worse mileage with winter blended gas.

I think he mean RGT, Unless he's French or his hands were cold this morning when typing ;-) (just kidding).

Domer10, Where did you buy the RGT?

I've got a Stash of PU from the Canadian Tire Black Friday sale, so no RGT for me.

I put in our 2019 truck that previously had the factory fill oil from GM, noticed ZERO difference after almost 5k miles now, same noises, same MPG which i was hoping would go up anyway since it was the factory fill and I will be replacing it with the same since I got a 5 gallon almost free pricing on it but I fear this is a case of wishfull thinking combined with the OP stating he was using M1 EP which was probably way thinned out since its an annual oil which I do not subscribe to. Its hard to understand if you can buy oil this cheap and do the change yourself how anyone will go more than 6 months or 7500 miles at least to me but I am from the era of 3k OCI and nonsense like "you can't switch to sythetic" on a old car.

YRMV

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
I recently grabbed a decent stash of RGT here in the US. Is it called RTG in Canada? Im assuming that we are talking about the same oil?

Personally i have never witnessed any difference in oils of the same grade. Perhaps when i do my next oil change i will be amazed.

I also have not witnessed any change due to octane ratings in my vehicles. Except i get worse mileage with winter blended gas.

That's why I use higher octane in winter, i keep a bottle of Amsoil hot close by in case all grades contain ethonal. I have noticed a vast difference in running higher octane. Performance has improved, I actually bought it to previous owner as we know each other...and let him take it for a spin, he honestly said by far it's running like day he bought it, and noticed how much smoother and overall smoothness in just sitting and idling and driving. I put a magnaflow axle back dual exhaust and he also mentioned that the look of exhaust even looked "whiter" and cleaner. And I mean I e noticed things like that after purchasing a second hand vehicle and staring my own maintenance program along the same lines. But by no means do I think this means anything. Just stating a change.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JC1
I think he mean RGT, Unless he's French or his hands were cold this morning when typing ;-) (just kidding).

Domer10, Where did you buy the RGT?

I've got a Stash of PU from the Canadian Tire Black Friday sale, so no RGT for me.

Canadian tire on sale even more now. Was 61, down to 41 this week I believe is 35.

There are way too many variables that your testing isnt accounting for. You are saying your mpg is 12.2 with the new oil but was 8.9 with M1? On my venza the mileage varies heavily. Hwy 24-25mpg, mixed 18-19, winter with car starts and warmup and short trips 14mpg, and a 3-4mpg difference can be a small change. Attributing a 3.3 mpg improvement from same oil weight is not possible. You are also comparing to last years M1 use. Did u use same oil weight/fuel/identical trips/idle time?

Ive tried 91 for a few tanks, and no discernible difference in mpg..depends on the vehicle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Rolla07
There are way too many variables that your testing isnt accounting for. You are saying your mpg is 12.2 with the new oil but was 8.9 with M1? On my venza the mileage varies heavily. Hwy 24-25mpg, mixed 18-19, winter with car starts and warmup and short trips 14mpg, and a 3-4mpg difference can be a small change. Attributing a 3.3 mpg improvement from same oil weight is not possible. You are also comparing to last years M1 use. Did u use same oil weight/fuel/identical trips/idle time?

Pretty much the exact same, and listen in mot here to bs. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it has even myself scratching my head. Same viscosity same routes, same car starts.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[URL='https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/attachments/usergals/2019/12/full-62366-39546-7dd55edf_0f0b_4abd_9e60_00a6c4128652.jpeg']https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...dd55edf_0f0b_4abd_9e60_00a6c4128652.jpeg[/URL][/

Those were numbers in November when I changed, after close to a week. Previously I saw no better than 15.5-15.9 the 18 was routes I took to avoid stop and go, and the 17.4 was after purposely driving in stop and go situations for 4 days. Where in those situations lucky to be low 13's. Prior.

Last edited:

Ive tried 91 for a few tanks, and no discernible difference in mpg..depends on the vehicle.

And you need to use it for a extended period, talking months. Along I used a good cleaner, Amsoil P. I. Between the prolonged cleaning and higher combustion of higher grade fuel burning better and not leaving more deposits behind. It was like RTG was final piece to puzzle.

Also I use archoil, not opening can of worms here, but been using both oil and gas additive in all my vehicles, from my M3 to 135 to my Tacoma now Jeep it could be a factor as well....but only additive I will use, and I believe it works. But obviously it works in some capacity, seeing the miracles it performed on the ford diesel stiction issues. I know different applications but obviously works. Again the anti additive crowd always has some negative comment, but I'm not promoting it..just telling you my experience. And none of my engines have disintegrated lol.

Originally Posted by domer10
Pretty much the exact same, and listen in mot here to bs. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it has even myself scratching my head. Same viscosity same routes, same car starts.

it's not ridiculous that you saw a difference but it is ridiculous to attribute it to the oil. Physics does matter.

Again just enjoy seeing positive results and want to see fellow bitog people have same results just want you guys to give it consideration. That's all, especially with current deals....even car guys apparently they are reporting great results.

Originally Posted by kschachn

it's not ridiculous that you saw a difference but it is ridiculous to attribute it to the oil. Physics does matter.

And I guess you have the exact physics nailed down, and calculated with this oil and my other variables. Feel free to post your calculations.

It's not necessary for me to post anything since there are viscosity calculators available on the Internet. You can plug in the KV of each oil yourself and see the curves. As is generally the case with this type of claim the issue isn't with seeing a difference, but the issue is with attributing it to one isolated variable - which in this case is one of a myriad of them.

By the way I'm not the only one in this thread saying the same thing. When you have more than one person telling you something it is generally prudent to listen, perhaps you are mistaken in drawing the conclusion you have made.

That's why I use higher octane in winter, i keep a bottle of Amsoil hot close by in case all grades contain ethonal. I have noticed a vast difference in running higher octane. Performance has improved, I actually bought it to previous owner as we know each other...and let him take it for a spin, he honestly said by far it's running like day he bought it, and noticed how much smoother and overall smoothness in just sitting and idling and driving. I put a magnaflow axle back dual exhaust and he also mentioned that the look of exhaust even looked "whiter" and cleaner.
That's a new one. Must be the ethonal

Like I said, I'm not attributing it to solely oil, there is the additives, plus fuel. All I'm saying is that you prolly won't see my exact results but I am getting at that I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the oil itself. Just give it a shot.

Like I said, I'm not attributing it to solely oil, there is the additives, plus fuel. All I'm saying is that you prolly won't see my exact results but I am getting at that I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the oil itself. Just give it a shot.

As I stated when I first filled it, this oils by far gave me the biggest increase in mpg's. I went as high as 19.9 but that was when I pretty much had straight streches and taking back roads at that time as that was my main commute. Settled to 16.2 for stop and go. And for a Jeep that is dam good.

Last year with M1 ep not only was it a louder but because of remote start, in which ah max I would and still do start for 5 min only. Mpg was 8.9. And even running remote start and being winter averaging 12.2.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
That's why I use higher octane in winter, i keep a bottle of Amsoil hot close by in case all grades contain ethonal. I have noticed a vast difference in running higher octane. Performance has improved, I actually bought it to previous owner as we know each other...and let him take it for a spin, he honestly said by far it's running like day he bought it, and noticed how much smoother and overall smoothness in just sitting and idling and driving. I put a magnaflow axle back dual exhaust and he also mentioned that the look of exhaust even looked "whiter" and cleaner.
That's a new one. Must be the ethonal

Lmao, ya that's what you took out of everything I stated, just so you could make a snarky remark. But ya, non ethanol gas does combust cleaner than non FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back