What's your item that you hoard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by cwilliamsws6
What item (besides oil) do you own or 'collect' way too much of?

I love sharp things and old-school car audio so I have at least 10 pocket knives, some throwing stars and hunting knives, and in my bedroom closer I have 8 or 9 different headunits, 5 or 6 subs and some miscellaneous amplifiers.

Ammo
Suppressors (I have several that I don't even have firearms for at present)
Toilet Paper
Weapon/Flashlights
Data (regardless the topic, I will go to the ends of the earth to find the answer/info/etc on whatever I'm puzzling over).

Originally Posted by KGMtech
Watches. I have over 40, and 1 more on the way. I have every watch since I was 17, not that this fact justifies the huge quantity I have now.

Same here. I have over 70 watches. Many are in need of repair or used for such(WIP). And the others are sentimental(Dad's/Uncle's) from the 1930's -'60s. Old American timepieces w/Swiss movements as well as my newer watches('90s-present) that are my go to/everyday pieces.

Also, I like nice writing, heavy in the hand, ballpoint pens.

Knives. At least 75 of them right now. Spyderco, Benchmade, Kershaw, Zero Tolerance, Cold Steel, a few custom fixed blades, etc.

Gillette Sensor refills. When I realized that they don't manufacture them anymore, I searched all over the web and bought myself about 12 years worth. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

When I was single I hoarded many things. Not like the stuff you see on TV but still too much stuff Id never have a use for.

Now that Ive been married for 10+yrs I only really have tools that she doesn't toss out on me. My wife is like the anti-hoarder. I find that I dont miss a single thing. She keeps me in balance. But she knows not to touch my tools. And I do have tools I haven't touched in many years.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dadto2
Gillette Sensor refills. When I realized that they don't manufacture them anymore, I searched all over the web and bought myself about 12 years worth. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Lol. Yeah I picked up on DE safety razors about 18 months ago reading it on here. I started looking on Kijiji and Ebay etc and within a year I owned 16 old school safety razors.

Then I found out about Italian Barber's website (from Bitog) and they started having a massive sale in November. Picked up a few supplies, now I'm set with Soap and Razor Blades for the next 3-5 years. I can get a pack of 100 blades for $7-15, but then you see a new offering and want to try those as well. lol.....

I think a lot of us BITOGers get some sort of Hoarding going on, especially when we see great deals out there. I do need to purge a few things.

Another thing I have a hoard of is wood, 2x4, 2x6, plywood, OSB etc. When you own a home and you are handy you tend to keep a lot of things around "in case" we need them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by cwilliamsws6
Originally Posted by Kestas
Antique prewar tube radios. I have over a hundred.

I love radios! I'm only 18 now but I've been collecting since I was 10 or so. Don't know why I didn't think to mention that.

I have 2 old console radios, 3 or 4 Magnavox desktop units, an old Motorola unit complete with Conelrad indicators on the dial, and three Onkyo receivers and an old Pioneer. I really want a McIntosh and a Marantz someday too.

Good to hear. This is typically a hobby capitalized by the grey-hairds, and is a dying hobby. It's nice to know someone younger is taking over. The price of collectible radios has come down a lot, which is good news to you if you want to build your collection. Ohio is a great place to find them. It's an addictive hobby.

Ammo, tools, and fishing rods and tackle. I used to hoard Honda Z-50 mini bikes I had six at the same time. I used to have a bunch of Coleman old lanterns and sold them all. I also hoarded coolers but went to Yeti's now and have 3 of them. I also am somewhat of a coat hoarder.

I'm a minimalist. I try to do the most with the least.
I'm constantly giving to Amvets.
I think that as a person ages, their interests change, and that's the time to clean house.

But, there are items that I will always use, and I do stock up on those / maybe even to the extent of having a lifetime supply
Most of what's in my house is for maintaining the house or auto.

My Mother was becoming an excessive compulsive hoarder.
Not me. No Wife so what do I need more then two sets of silverware for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back