Any employed people taking the whole week off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. We get Christmas Eve and Christmas Day every year, and I took off the 26th. The day before Thanksgiving we all got an email from the CEO saying they decided to give us the 23rd off paid (even our overtime!!!). Because I'm night shift and my week is based on 4-10 hour days, I don't have to work Friday
grin.gif

Originally Posted by atikovi
With Christmas being on a Wednesday and all.

Where I work its take 23rd off and dont work x mas or X mas eve and still get paid. Used remaining days so I am off all way to January 6

Yeah, but I was just raking in tons of OT and needed the mental health break.

I have all of next week off. I do have my Daughter and Grand kids staying with us for a few weeks. Haven't seen them in two years.

Originally Posted by atikovi
With Christmas being on a Wednesday and all.

No, I only celebrate thanksgiving. Will take the 23rd off and likely that's it. Maybe the 26th or 27th.

No
Not in my line of work
It's 24/7 365
We'll juggle staff around when needed and give everybody as much family time as possible.

Originally Posted by kstanf150
No
Not in my line of work
It's 24/7 365
We'll juggle staff around when needed and give everybody as much family time as possible.

Exactly. I usually work all of the holidays, even though there is no added pay or anything except my regular OT rate. Many people like holidays, and it's just another day to me, so I t ry to make my co-workers happy.

I work Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I took off the 26th and 27th...already have the weekends off, so it'll be a 4-day weekend for me.

Wife is taking the entire week with the kids since they're out of school. She had 5 weeks of vacation this year. Been at her job 16 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back