Supertech 3260

Status
Not open for further replies.
How cheap does this look to you guys? I'm concerned with the lack of pleats compared to the Oem Toyota air filter for my corolla. What do you all think?

7A3076F5-6CF3-4C43-BAAF-7730574726CF.jpeg

No valid engineering opinion here, but it looks a bit light on filter material to me. An air filter is typically a 30K mile replacement item---I'd spend a few bucks more on a decent one. Denso, Mahle, OEM, etc.

I would stick with OEM Denso.

The pleats and material are just half of the equation here. The filter must fit exactly as well. A tiny difference will allow air to bypass the media.

Ive used all sorts of filters on my 07. Napa stuff from all over, fram, purolator etc...never had an issue. Id in the least buy a familiar brand but inever had an issue and my 2 UOA's reflected very little contamination.

There is nothing wrong with it. Plus, the ST is US-made
34.gif

If you want something better, they do make a Fram Ultra for that application
smile.gif

FWIW, ACDelco A3103C is a reboxed OEM air filter, which they offer because of the Pontiac Vibe

The Wix 49012 was out of stock on the Walmart website the day l ordered so l went with the ST 3000 filter instead.

It will work just fine. Many Corolla owners rack up 250k+ miles using the cheap filters from the quick lube place.

Supertech products are good stuff. I use ST motol oil, air filters, and purple washer fluid. The quality is good and the price is right.

Originally Posted by khittner
...it looks a bit light on filter material to me.

The way that it looks means absolutely nothing.
Does it flow enough?
Does it filter to the correct particulate size?
Is the differential pressure appropriate?
Does it seal correctly at installation?

If yes, then it's fine, no matter how it looks.
Walmart certainly contracts out to a major filter manufacturer and the likelihood that one of the filters is not fit for service is incredibly low. But the reality is that none of us have the facilities to prove it conclusively.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Imp4
Originally Posted by khittner
...it looks a bit light on filter material to me.
The way that it looks means absolutely nothing. ...
Does it filter to the correct particulate size?
Is the differential pressure appropriate?...
If yes, then it's fine, no matter how it looks. ...
Yes, but assuming identical media grade, more area via more pleats is always better in both differential pressure and filtering efficiency, at least up to the (hypothetical?) point that they're jammed too tightly together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back