VW spec oils as of Sept 2019 (see link), 508 / 509 (posted).

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Every spec is included but,
quite a few more that meet 508/509 than I thought there would be.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10165535-0001.pdf

Screenshot_20191222-070339_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20191222-070358_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
Just used the Fuchs on Friday, came out green. 17/liter retail! I guess Fuchs makes Pentosin since they both offer a Pentospeed SP IV?

Originally Posted by Audios
Just used the Fuchs on Friday, came out green. 17/liter retail! I guess Fuchs makes Pentosin since they both offer a Pentospeed SP IV?

The Motul is green too - part of spec is suppose.

Man you got fyooked on that 17/litre price.

I thought i got soaked at 13 bucks from ECS tuning.

Well, at least its good for a year or 10K.

I see no reason to disqualify the MOTUL,

and the factory oil in the Jetta S was astounding.

Liquimoly, Motul and Castrol, and VW/AUDI are readily available

I imagine looking for a deal from the Audi dealer on VW 508.00/509.00 bottles.

But, my best guess this is an alternatively bottled BP product looking at the bottle cap and aspect ratio for bottling on the same line.

Ein sehr deutscher Auftritt !

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
That was retail, I sell at 15, costs me 12. 2019 Audi S4 and the customer still complained about the price lol. I touught the green was a UV dye to be sure the weight was in range, but I cant confirm. Porsche dealer couldnt verify it either.

Last edited:
My dealership has coupons where the change will cost $79. That's starting to look like a bargain. Although it says "for 5 quarts" I believe. Gotta recheck.

they got nutin for me as i NEVER use xxW20 oils!!! less wear from a thicker oil film is more important than that 1/4 mpg from those!!

Originally Posted by benjy
they got nutin for me as i NEVER use xxW20 oils!!! less wear from a thicker oil film is more important than that 1/4 mpg from those!!

New engine to use GF-6 oil will be using 0W-16.

Originally Posted by BucDan
Oddly enough, 508/509 is branded with LL IV. Sucks for VAG owners as a lot oils are branded for BMWs.

What?

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by BucDan
Oddly enough, 508/509 is branded with LL IV. Sucks for VAG owners as a lot oils are branded for BMWs.

What?

Nevermind My mistake. I thought the labels meant LL-04. Stupid me, should've thought that it wouldn't be LL-04 when LL-17 is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back