Just great..

Ya know what WA State is missing??..giant Asian hornets, said no one ever!

https://komonews.com/news/local/inv...ad8ntD71WAu5JtQ2Vw-ThwRcQGfbDH__4GcxziXE
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Skippy722
[Linked Image]

Yeah no doubt!..as if stumbling onto a run of the mill hornets nest isn't bad enough. Personally, I think yellow jackets are worse. Those SOB's have a real bad attitude...but I can't imagine getting stung by one of the giant hornets. That's gotta hurt like a SOB!

I remember getting stung by something looking like that when I was cutting the lawn many years ago. It came out of a tunnel in the ground and stung me. Later that night I took carb cleaner, sprayed it in the tunnel this thing came out of and lit it, then covered it with dirt and packed it in. I never saw one again.

This is something to worry about. Here's a scary example of an invasive species. The Emerald Ash Borer from China was first discovered in Michigan in 2002. It has wiped out 30 million ash trees in SE Michigan alone.
In my home town of Ottawa Hills/Toledo, OH, many ash trees are gone.

June 2006
[Linked Image]

August 2009
[Linked Image]

One more to the list.
I just don't think our Country can do anything.

1) Giant Hornets
2) Asian Carp (jump out of the water as boats go by)
3) Weeds along the road (Phragmites)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Driz
Does that big hornet have his stinger buried in the finger of whoever is in that picture....–

Nah, if you zoom in you can see it's not..but good thing it isn't. There's a guy on YouTube that purposely gets himself stung by one of these things and apparently it's excruciating. Idiot.....‚

Originally Posted by skyactiv
This is something to worry about. Here's a scary example of an invasive species. The Emerald Ash Borer from China was first discovered in Michigan in 2002. It has wiped out 30 million ash trees in SE Michigan alone.
In my home town of Ottawa Hills/Toledo, OH, many ash trees are gone.

June 2006
[Linked Image]

August 2009
[Linked Image]

Incredible before and after pictures in just 3 years. We have them up here in northern Vermont now.

First it was stink bugs that invaded now its the spotted lantern fly here in my parts of Pennsylvania. Crazy thing is, Maple Grove Racepark is a NHRA track located about 12 miles from my house. They have the one huge Lucas Nationals event here every September with all the big boy dragsters from all divisions. My point, these trailers/carriers come from all over the Country. Dont tell me this invasive spotted lantern fly is not going into or nesting in these trailers/carriers when there here to race and there doors are wide open. Now they take this invasive species along with them from location to location. Scary scary thought because -- out of nowhere -- these dang spotted lantern flys are everywhere here. They are decimating Pennsylvanias grapes and forestry every year and only getting worse.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
First it was stink bugs that invaded now its the spotted lantern fly here in my parts of Pennsylvania. Crazy thing is, Maple Grove Racepark is a NHRA track located about 12 miles from my house. They have the one huge Lucas Nationals event here every September with all the big boy dragsters from all divisions. My point, these trailers/carriers come from all over the Country. Dont tell me this invasive spotted lantern fly is not going into or nesting in these trailers/carriers when there here to race and there doors are wide open. Now they take this invasive species along with them from location to location. Scary scary thought because -- out of nowhere -- these dang spotted lantern flys are everywhere here. They are decimating Pennsylvanias grapes and forestry every year and only getting worse.

Funny you mention stink bugs, they weren't nearly as bad compared to this year. I might have caught 5 or 6 overall whereas last year it had to be over 50. We haven't gotten the spotted lantern fly here yet in my county, but it's only a matter of time...

Originally Posted by Delta
Originally Posted by BAJA_05

Funny you mention stink bugs, they weren't nearly as bad compared to this year. I might have caught 5 or 6 overall whereas last year it had to be over 50. We haven't gotten the spotted lantern fly here yet in my county, but it's only a matter of time...

Yeah, I only caught about a dozen stink bugs in the house/garage all year. Last week I actually seen one walking on my window sill though. Outside it went immediately into the cold.

Originally Posted by Kira
Aawww c'mon now. Peace on Earth, good will toward men and hornets....until they get established, organized and come to kill you!

Think about it.

Just another way to keep the population (human) in check.
No need to worry or fret.
coffee2.gif

I think that the venom in the giant hornets is similar to that of the brown recluse spider; it can cause necrosis.

Back