2017 Ford Escape 2.0 turbo UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
8793 miles on this OCI, 27,372 total miles. No makeup oil added, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 125
Last edited:
I'm sorry but, something is definitely off with this UOA. Either some sort of additive was added, or the results were compiled wrong.

Last edited:
flash point is low which should indicate fuel dilution and lower viscosity but its well into 40wt range?

seems odd. Also I usually dont download pdf files and such maybe post it as a jpeg?

Originally Posted by MParr
I'm sorry but, something is definitely off with this UOA. Either some sort of additive was added, or the results were compiled wrong.

No additives, no makeup oil. PUP 5w30. Which metric or value do you feel is off ?

Originally Posted by rubberchicken

No additives, no makeup oil. PUP 5w30. Which metric or value do you feel is off ?

Viscosity @ 100C : 14.91
What's up with that? It's either not 5W30 or Blackstone messed up.

Viscosity @ 100C : 14.91
What's up with that? It's either not 5W30 or Blackstone messed up.

If you look at the notes, that item was flagged and commented on , where they said it seems more like a 5w40. This vehicle gets a lot of local suburban driving, along with the start-stop feature, but also gets frequent 50 mile trips. Its at least 50-50 mix city and highway if not even more city by time. I follow the OLM and do not stretch it, and this OCI used a M1 filter. I have used a combination of Motorcraft, Amsoil and M1 filters depending on my stash. The low flashpoint, higher fuel combined with high viscosity does seem odd.

Last edited:
Yeah, I read the notes. At 14.91, that's even high for a 5w40 after being run for close to 9,000 miles.

Yes, I am not sure how to deal with that. The same exact oil was run on the previous OCI, and the same driving style, same geographic area. I just noticed that you have the same vehicle- have you done some UOA ? If yes, I would be interested in seeing your data for comparison.

Last edited:
Yeah, I read the notes. At 14.91, that's even high for a 5w40 after being run for close to 9,000 miles.

Yes, I am not sure how to deal with that. The same exact oil was run on the previous OCI, and the same driving style, same geographic area. I just noticed that you have the same vehicle- have you done some UOA ? If yes, I would be interested in seeing your data for comparison.

No, I haven't done any UOAs. I have seen many other UOAs from people with Ford Ecoboost engines and my oil choice is based on those. I tend to run 5W30 oils that are on the thicker side and do 5,000 mile OCIs. Motorcraft, QSUD, and Mobil 1 original are my usual choices. Since Chevron has introduced their Havoline Pro DS in a 6 Qt. container, that will go on my list as well.
Your prior UOAs look exactly as they should for OCIs over 5,000 miles.
In fact, the first one you have listed looks pretty good. It was done at closer to 5,000 miles.

Last edited:

No, I haven't done any UOAs. I have seen many other UOAs from people with Ford Ecoboost engines and my oil choice is based on those. I tend to run 5W30 oils that are on the thicker side and do 5,000 mile OCIs. Motorcraft, QSUD, and Mobil 1 original are my usual choices. Since Chevron has introduced their Havoline Pro DS in a 6 Qt. container, that will go on my list as well.
Your prior UOAs look exactly as they should for OCIs over 5,000 miles.
In fact, the first one you have listed looks pretty good. It was done at closer to 5,000 miles.

You might want tp re-think switching different oils all the time. Pick one quality oil and stick to it.
19.gif

Originally Posted by Brian553
How many engine hours do you think this was, maybe 200?

It could be anywhere from 200 to 300 hours, but that is a swag. I wonder if this metric is available in OBD2 and if my Bluedriver can access it.

Is this SN rated oil? SN+ would be a lot lower in calcium an a lot higher in magnesium. Maybe old stash oil?

Originally Posted by Bonz
My question is what is this doing in the motorcycle and powersports and related equipment forum?

It is in the correct section for a gas auto-truck. You might be confusing this post with another UOA I have for a marine generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back