Caprice Dyno video and results

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Well after a long week and lots of rain the dyno results are here.

This car is stock manifolds, Magnaflow axle backs, CAI, BTR Stage one cam.

Caprice full dyno pull video

Short idle video

The results are as follows.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is not a Dyno Jet so it reads a bit low, but 399 HP and 399 FT/LBS of torque. I will take it.

Runs good with some chop, feels almost stock until you hit the go pedal. REALLY woke it up.
Kept the stock converter for now. Might switch it later on down the road, but you can throw the keys to anyone and they
can drive it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Meant to show you how I got it there. You couldn't drive as after the DOD delete it only runs on 4cyl until you tune it out.

Dang Mike - if you had not gone cheap on the gasoline - you'd have a 400/400 car !

J/K … awesome car and truck both !!!

Originally Posted by 4WD
Dang Mike - if you had not gone cheap on the gasoline - you'd have a 400/400 car !

LOL we talked about that. All we have around here is 92, but a few places have E85 which the Caprice is able to use. Would have made a bunch more power.

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Originally Posted by 4WD

LOL we talked about that. All we have around here is 92, but a few places have E85 which the Caprice is able to use. Would have made a bunch more power.

How much more power can you make with E85? Are you running stock injectors? Aftermarket EFI tuner?

Originally Posted by john_pifer
Originally Posted by 4WD

How much more power can you make with E85? Are you running stock injectors? Aftermarket EFI tuner?

stock fuel system and the dyno tune.
In a 6.0 I have seen 30 to 40 Horsepower at the wheels.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Very nice.

Does Kooks or ARH make long tube headers for your Caprice ?

Kooks and bunch of people do. For the 14 and Caprice you use the Chevy SS sedan headers. Same ones
smile.gif

I have considered it, but it is still nice and quiet not sure the extra 20HP is worth extra noise.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
399 rwhp on a dyno dynamics is impressive! And a very healthy torque curve as well!

I know I could believe it. If it had been Dynojet it would have been 20 to 40 HP more.
Just numbers more of tool for me. I will know more when I hit the track once this summer.

Potent...congratulations! BTR builds some nice cams.

I envy our LEOs PPVs with their pick of the litter parts bin hardware.
A shame GM didn't sell more civilian models.

Thats pretty nice man. I think that is a good amount of cam to still be very driveable and not too extreme.

Here are the cam specs.

223/230 .610"/.573" 115+2

Are those numbers at .050 lift? Wow thats a lot of lift for only 220 degrees of duration. I imagine i has greats low end power.

That a beauty curve you got there. They say HP is HP, but I'll tell you I much prefer 400hp/400ft-lbs vs 400hp/258ft-lbs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back