New! Amsoil Upper Cylinder Lubricant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by vivaUkraine
Thanks a lot for sharing this interesting information with us! I assume 4X of additive for EM regular is vs others that are non-top tier?

No...4X the market average means ALL products. Top tier branded and non Top Tier unbranded. Shell's additive achieves the same cleaning performance at just 100 ppm...as does Chevron. That tells me ExxonMobil's additive may not be as potent. The mixture rate isn't a big deal as long as it does what they claim.

Originally Posted by Pablo
There are reasons some of us post less here than in the past. Please keep it real in the serious subject sub-forums. Thanks.

Hi Pablo,
I see by your avatar that you are an Amsoil site sponsor.

In an effort to 'keep it real' can you cite the specific engine issue that this product addresses?
What is the failure mode of the engine issue and what mechanism does your product utilize to remedy that failure mode?
Is that failure mode due to a singular input or is it multi-factorial?
Also, can you provide us with some evidence that this product actually works???
Is the engine issue a widespread problem that can be verified by a source other than the product producer?
Where can I find independent testing results that show that your product exceeds the performance of other products that claim to address these same issues?

Looking forward to your responses!!!
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Imp4
There are reasons some of us post less here than in the past. Please keep it real in the serious subject sub-forums. Thanks.

Hi Pablo,
I see by your avatar that you are an Amsoil site sponsor.

In an effort to 'keep it real' can you cite the specific engine issue that this product addresses?
What is the failure mode of the engine issue and what mechanism does your product utilize to remedy that failure mode?
Is the engine issue a widespread problem that can be verified by a source other than the product producer?
Where can I find independent testing results that show that your product exceeds the performance of other products that claim to address these same issues?

Looking forward to your responses!!!
cheers3.gif

Imp4,

Amsoil is fairly clear here:
Amsoil UCL

Here as well: https://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g3657.pdf

I don't have a link to the test lab report. But folks would still say it's biased because "Amsoil paid for it"

"1 Based on independent testing of AMSOIL Upper Cylinder Lubricant, Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant and Sea Foam Motor Treatment obtained on 02/13/2019 using the ASTM D6079 modified for use with gasoline. "

Thanks.

Paul

I don't have a link to the test lab report. But folks would still say it's biased because "Amsoil paid for it"

"1 Based on independent testing of AMSOIL Upper Cylinder Lubricant, Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant and Sea Foam Motor Treatment obtained on 02/13/2019 using the ASTM D6079 modified for use with gasoline. "

Thanks.

What evidence is there that lubricity in gasoline is relevant unless it is a 2-stroke engine? Why would you have to modify D6079 for diesel fuel if it were significant, wouldn't there instead be a specific ASTM lubricity test for gasoline?

I always wonder what it is in the UC that isn't being properly L by the oil so that a UCL is needed?

Imp4,

Amsoil is fairly clear here:
Amsoil UCL
This is just a product splash page.

Here as well: https://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g3657.pdf

Thanks.

Paul

D6079 is specifically written to address concerns with diesel engines. Why should we think modifying D6079 would be a legitimate methodology to address concerns related to gasoline engines?
If Amsoil had concerns related to gasoline lubricity and industry standardized testing that would address such concerns, has Amsoil written the ASTM D6079 committee and requested updates or changes to the standard?
If so, please provide the letter sent to the committee.

Next point.
Your product claims to address 'performance robbing deposits'. AAA has done an excellent analysis of top tier fuels in which they demonstrate the ability of said fuels to control and improve upon intake valve deposits. See the report here.
Can you provide a similar write up including objectives, methodologies, and findings that demonstrate the your product excels at addressing the issue it claims to address?

Finally, please address the following questions from my first post with some additional information rather than a link to web page where consumers can purchase your product.

Where can I find independent testing results that show that your product exceeds the performance of other products that claim to address these same issues? Your cited link only states that independent testing occurred, please also show the data and state the test organization.

Thanks for your patience!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back