Bauer 6 Inch Polisher Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these are the ones from Harbor Freight, I have given them a try. They seem to be made of a pretty course foam. The texture is far courser than any of my Lake County pads (even the cutting pads). I used them to remove oxidation on my pickup with rubbing and polishing compounds and they worked OK for that. I don't think I'd use them for applying waxes or sealants. One major downside is that after washing the pads (soaked in a citrus based detergent) the hook and backing fabric separated from the pad making it basically useless.

There are a few different colors and I have used all of them, they are terrible and not worth the money. They fall apart after a short time and throw pad dust all over the place and surface you are polishing. Spend the extra money for a griots garage at AAP and you will only need one to where the HF you will need like 3 or 4. In the end, the griots garage is cheaper. Im a big HF fan but the pads are garbage and a complete waste of money. However, if you only have to do a hood or roof then a HF pad is ok, but the whole car, no.

Is this the type pad you're describing?

Screenshot_20200109-150553_Gallery.jpg

I dont think so, I remember the pads came in a clear bag type packaging with no brand on it. Maybe the Bauer is a new line of pad. Next time Im at HF I will pick up a couple and give a try, what do they cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back