Pennzoil Platinum LX Euro 0w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
I tried a couple of stores before I found one that would do the deal.

I tried a few stores, four to be exact, got the same story from each of them and gave up. That put a ding in my 99.99% perfect success rate. LOL

Canadian Tire has this oil (Pennzoil OW30 Euro Made in Germany) on sale for C$26.99 plus taxes and fees until Thursday November 28 I believe for 5 Litre jug (plus there is a C$10 mail in rebate but haven't tried that process).

I went in to get the advertised Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 for C$22.99 but they ran out. Since this was not exactly advertised by flyer, I'm not sure if this is Canada wide, local store only (Richmond, BC) and what inventory is like (Richmond store had around 10 jugs visible).

Originally Posted by pablo87
Canadian Tire has this oil (Pennzoil OW30 Euro Made in Germany) on sale for C$26.99 plus taxes and fees until Thursday. Since this was not exactly advertised by flyer, I'm not sure if this is Canada wide, local store only (Richmond, BC) and what inventory is like (Richmond store had around 10 jugs visible).

I bought two jugs in Calgary.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
What is the difference between the basestocks of L versus LX versus pennzoil platinum 5w30?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by enochian
What is the difference between the basestocks of L versus LX versus pennzoil platinum 5w30?

Good question. I'd like to know more, myself.

Have you tried e-mailing Pennzoil with your question?

L and LX will have more GTL in the mix as well as some other base stocks to achieve lower NOACK and higher HTHS.

Originally Posted by john_pifer

Good question. I'd like to know more, myself.

Have you tried e-mailing Pennzoil with your question?

I highly doubt anyone will give you exact chemical composition.

Originally Posted by edyvw

L and LX will have more GTL in the mix as well as some other base stocks to achieve lower NOACK and higher HTHS.

I am at Walmart right now.

The Euro L says nothing about being made from natural gas.

Originally Posted by loneryder
What is the SA of this oil? they don't list it.

ACEA C3/C2: Less than or equal to 0.8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back