15 VW GSW TDI 40k factory fluid change

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time sending in a DSG trans fluid sample. This is the factory service interval. Opinions?

Screenshot_20191209-135321_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
did you do a VOA on the replacement fluid, assumingly you bought at the dealership?

No the replacement fluid was Liquimoly 8100 DSG fluid. I'm just curious on how this UOA looks. I'll sample again in 40k miles.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Looks great what is the factory recommended service interval?

40k miles which I assume is due to wet clutches because the manual version I also have is lifetime which I plan to change out at 80k miles

Thank you for posting this. DSG fluid filter r&r runs $500-600 at local dealers! About $350 at independent VW shops. At 40k OCI this is a bit of a surprise expense for some. Pentosin DIY fluid & filter kit runs about $100.

Originally Posted by BBDartCA
Thank you for posting this. DSG fluid filter r&r runs $500-600 at local dealers! About $350 at independent VW shops. At 40k OCI this is a bit of a surprise expense for some. Pentosin DIY fluid & filter kit runs about $100.

Yes the dealer charges way too much. Here is the kit I used plus VCDS to monitor the temp to set the correct fluid level

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/au...9OEO0nTRcWuZl9gZ3aG0yeaK5SxoCqSoQAvD_BwE

Originally Posted by BBDartCA
Did you use the method of replacement where you measured quantity oil drained and added back same volume?

No I have VCDS and put 5L of fluid in the heated the fluid to 35C then pulled the drain to set the level with the straw. However i used the top fill method.
[Linked Image]

Thanks for posting. IDParts is also a potential source for the fluid and filter kits. I've probably done 10 or more DSG changes and have a recommendation if you're in for long term VW ownership. Buy a new drain plug then drill and tap with a hose barb (~$15) plus get a marine lower unit fluid pump ($10). You'll save at least an hour pumping fluid in from the bottom. VCDS here also. Good luck, John

Originally Posted by jjblbi
Thanks for posting. IDParts is also a potential source for the fluid and filter kits. I've probably done 10 or more DSG changes and have a recommendation if you're in for long term VW ownership. Buy a new drain plug then drill and tap with a hose barb (~$15) plus get a marine lower unit fluid pump ($10). You'll save at least an hour pumping fluid in from the bottom. VCDS here also. Good luck, John

I am a fan of IDParts but FCP Euro beat them in this case. I got the 5L of Liquimoly DSG fluid with filter and crush washer for $75 shipped to me and they have an unlimited warranty.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/au...HFrJ8TXthBgi-LcGFLFU4VhcCOEaAmpqEALw_wcB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back