Bridgestone RE-71R

They're about as grippy an offering as you'll likely currently find from 'extreme performance summer' compound and construction tires.

Hot, fresh and sticky like few others...if you're into that kind of criteria.

Ran 'em at El Toro MCAS with POC during December so their so-called summer designation may not apply to some.

Highly recommended for HPDE and autocross aficinados.

RE-71R 1.JPG

RE-71R 2.JPG

RE-71R 3.JPG

Miata 3.JPG

Miata 1.jpg

I have heard that they do not like water and CR results seem to confirm it. Otherwise excellent handling tire.

KrzyÅ›

Originally Posted by krzyss
I have heard that they do not like water and CR results seem to confirm it. Otherwise excellent handling tire.

KrzyÅ›

Indeed, but no "extreme performance summer tires" do. They wear and overheat pretty fast on the track too, but they will allow you to get your fastest lap out of the other 200tw offerings.

Geography makes such a difference. I was amazed at the grip that Bridgestone Blizzaks gave my truck when I drove back over the Colorado mountains in the snow the week before last.
Maybe I'm envious. You're enjoying yourself in the sun, and I'm slogging through the snow!

Funny, I run Michelin PS4S's now on my sig car and they are nearly immune to wet weather. It was the same with PSS and both are summer only tires.

Both were excellent in the wet even with the visible tread nearly gone...

lol.gif
As much as I love the most traction I can get for the conditions, including autocrossing, you should wait until warm weather to post this. I'm only thinking about winter tires for too many more days!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Traction
lol.gif
As much as I love the most traction I can get for the conditions, including autocrossing, you should wait until warm weather to post this. I'm only thinking about winter tires for too many more days!

It's warm weather in Coastal Southern California

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments, gents.

Kinda twisted how some of us buy the softest tires available then do our darndest to wear them out as quickly as possible.

I'll refrain from mentioning it was shorts and a T-shirt for some of us on the winter solstice today.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
Funny, I run Michelin PS4S's now on my sig car and they are nearly immune to wet weather. It was the same with PSS and both are summer only tires.

Agreed. Never been a huge Michelin fan but the PS4S are great in the wet or dry. Glad I got over my bias and tried them out.

I run RE-71Rs on my S2000. It's basically a street legal R-comp tire. They wear quickly and don't like super hot days but the amount of grip you get is worth it.

I've never driven them on the street in the rain but I can tell you that a few months ago at New Jersey Motorsports Park (Thunderbolt) on a rainy day I became the fastest car in my group on a worn set (something that wouldn't have happened in the dry). A lot of a tire's perceived wet handling characteristics come from the spring rate of the car and my S2000 is *relatively* softly sprung on CR springs.

Originally Posted by BeerCan

Agreed. Never been a huge Michelin fan but the PS4S are great in the wet or dry. Glad I got over my bias and tried them out.

A great tire but they aren't in the same league as the RE-71R in terms of overall grip. See my post above about results in the wet.

Some fresh ones delivered from Tire Rack. First time I've ever mail ordered tires.

Specified some Enkei RPF1 {~10lbs 15x7!) which have long been on the to-do list.

Includes 'free' mounting and shipping so value and convenience are difficult to beat. Won't be long before they're bolted up.

smile.gif

Miata Tire Rack.JPG

Miata Jackstands.JPG

PSS were astounding in wet. Once I wear out Bridgestones Driveguard's on BMW that I got from seller brand new, PS4S it is.

Back