TSLA at 52 week high

Tesla stock valuations are crazy. Every other automaker gets brutalized in valuation even with good profits showing.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Another incessant Tesla gush thread.

⬛ï¸â¬›ï¸â¬›ï¸

Did you read the article?
The point is how far the company has come and what to expect going forward.

You are 100% correct; the market gushes over Tesla.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

⬛ï¸â¬›ï¸â¬›ï¸

Did you read the article?
The point is how far the company has come and what to expect going forward.

You are 100% correct; the market gushes over Tesla.

Welcome to the list.

Bye.

Should be titled, "Waiting for Tesla to make a profit"...Market valuations don't always make sense.

With earnings (OK, really, losses) of -4.78/share, this stock price doesn't make a lot of sense.

Schwab has much higher margin requirements for buying TSLA than any normal stock.

Because this price is mostly speculation.

And the brokers know it.

I remember when the press was full of "3D printing is the future!" Headlines...and SSYS was bid up to $100.

At least Stratasys had earnings.

Last edited:
People love to hate this American leader in EV's.

I'm delighted to see Americans with the best product again,

Its been ages since our automotive sectors lead the world.

UD

⬛ï¸â¬›ï¸â¬›ï¸

Would you prefer a hater thread? There's plenty of those.

UD

Originally Posted by UncleDave

UD

Not hate it, it just doesn't make any sense. Look what happened to Prius sales. Everyone who cared about fuel economy eventually got one and those that had them ended up with different cars later so sales plunged. The rise is probably due to all the short sellers getting out of the market. Eventually they'll probably jump in again so it's going to make for a roller coaster stock. It already is from the last drop earlier this year. Maybe they'd have a future if that pickup wasn't so bone ugly.

Sales are good. Huge plant in China getting going. New EV offerings from other manufacturers are coming up short of Tesla's range numbers meaning they are still behind Tesla at least in that area...but also ity seems in other areas as well. Profit means little if the company is expanding both in sales along with building new facilities, investing in R&D etc. Look at all the negative quarters at Amazon and many other companies who rolled along upside down until they hit their stride.. Anyone believe that Amazon is not going to turn a huge profit? Same with Tesla. Plenty of safer stocks out there if companies like Tesla are to risky for someone. Thanks for posting

BTW Many companies are at or near record highs.....

Would you prefer a hater thread? There's plenty of those.
UD

I'm glad to see the stock way up. I'm also a huge E.M./Tesla/SpaceX fan. I also know that Tesla cars are the most capable EV's available. Everyone else falls short. Furthermore, I'd absolutely love a Telsa sports car with removable roof.

UD, please don't take my posts as hate. I simply point out the shortcomings of EV's and other battery powered devices. Let the consumer decide based on fact.

As always consumers have concerns about:

Range
Price
Charge time

You'll correctly note that my list does not include any of these as disadvantages:

Acceleration
Quiet interior
Zero tailpipe emissions
Handling
Ride
Driving experience
Storage
Pulling power
Comfort
Long lifespan
No oil changes
No transmission to fail
Ever lasting brake pads
Autopilot
Entertainment system
Navigation
Over the air software updates
and on and on.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

The rise is probably due to all the short sellers getting out of the market. Eventually they'll probably jump in again so it's going to make for a roller coaster stock. It already is from the last drop earlier this year. Maybe they'd have a future if that pickup wasn't so bone ugly.

There have been a lotta TSLA shorts.
Those peope are getting killed.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

UD

Not hate it, it just doesn't make any sense. Look what happened to Prius sales. Everyone who cared about fuel economy eventually got one and those that had them ended up with different cars later so sales plunged. The rise is probably due to all the short sellers getting out of the market. Eventually they'll probably jump in again so it's going to make for a roller coaster stock. It already is from the last drop earlier this year. Maybe they'd have a future if that pickup wasn't so bone ugly.

Pretty sure the Prius is the original and best-selling hybrid in the world.

The parallel with the prius that stick out to me was everyone saying - wait till "X" comes out with their version of it - " its going to kill the prius."

That car never really materialized out of GM/Ford/ Chrysler, or anyone for that matter.

I suspect the smaller version of the cybertruck will be a much more conforming type vehicle.

I think it will be anything but easy for tesla, but am rooting for them to succeed vs fail.

UD

Again, this post is simply commentary on people stating Tesla will be dead after this and that.
Tesla will be dead when the big boys make better EVs.

None of these predictions have come to pass.
In fact, Tesla is in an incredible growth mode.
Wish I had bought some of that TSLA when it went public... Sheesh.

All good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Tesla 18 wheeler is a joke and never be profitable in 100 years. Nice dream though.

Tesla cars and SUVs ðŸ‘

Very curious to know if you believe everyones electric trucks are joke and doomed to failure - or just teslas version of the concept?

Back