Lubeguard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short is my son put 2 bottles of Lubeguard Red in his 04 bonneville to try and take care of a torque converter shudder. Turns out a good tune up took care of his problem. My question is , is 2 bottles OK to keep in the trans ? I could suck out 6 quarts and replace with new fluid. I changed the filter and fluid a 1000 miles ago before the Lubeguard was added.

If you have the slightest doubt, email them. I had a technical question about a product (their Synth. ATF) a few weeks ago and I emailed them via their website. I recieved a clear answer from someone on their staff very promptly.

Lubegard red is the only additive I would put in any transmission. It won't hurt a thing, but if you are worried do a simple drain and fill to lower the concentration.

You can email but they will say totally ok! They recommended me to use 2x the amount of Platinum in a shuddering trans and there were zero issues, actually shifted better than ever.

Lubegard is the only trans additive I have ever seen recommended by name by a major manufacturer (Ford).

It reduces temps as well as smoothing shifts.

Amazing stuff.

I agree that Lubeguard Red is the only additive I would ever add to a automatic transmission. It is presently in my Acura & Ram in signature. Just run it and im sure it will be nothing BUT -- beneficial to his 04 Bonneville.

Added Lubeguard red to my 5r55s Ford trans. Emailed Lubeguard and asked if I could just add the 2 bottles (called for 1 1/2) They said Lubeguard red will not hurt the trans and to add the 2 bottles with no worries.

Originally Posted by hardheaded
Long story short is my son put 2 bottles of Lubeguard Red in his 04 bonneville to try and take care of a torque converter shudder. Turns out a good tune up took care of his problem. My question is , is 2 bottles OK to keep in the trans ? I could suck out 6 quarts and replace with new fluid. I changed the filter and fluid a 1000 miles ago before the Lubeguard was added.

2 bottles is too much. 1 oz. per quart should have been sufficient.

Get the tranny hot and check the fluid level and make sure the fluid is within, and not over, the hash marks.

Best thing to ever happen to his tranny. I'm not a big additive person. Lubegard and some sort of dry gas........anything to take out condensation / water from gas are the only additives I believe in. There is always an exception....if an engine or tranny is truly on its last legs who cares....try anything. But for regular driving day in day out I'm just not an additive fan except for above mentioned water remover and.....Lubegard is amazing. My shop has probably used a couple thousand tubes. Literally. No exaggeration. It's a stock item for me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ToadU
Best thing to ever happen to his tranny. I'm not a big additive person. Lubegard and some sort of dry gas........anything to take out condensation / water from gas are the only additives I believe in. There is always an exception....if an engine or tranny is truly on its last legs who cares....try anything. But for regular driving day in day out I'm just not an additive fan except for above mentioned water remover and.....Lubegard is amazing. My shop has probably used a couple thousand tubes. Literally. No exaggeration. It's a stock item for me.

Pics of said LG stash, please.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Just curious if this was something that just popped up one day. Was the wrong fluid used? Is the fluid black?
The car had a surging or shuddering with the converter locked up at about 40 to 45 mph. He thought as well as i did that it was the torque converter, but after i tuned the car up the shuddering is gone. Can't make the car do it any longer. The Lube Guard Red was added the day before the tune up. I think the plug wires were the problem and was making it shudder under load.

I think the 2 bottles will be fine after talking to the Lube Guard people. They did say no more than 2 bottles.

Glad they put your mind at ease. Actually really will help the tranny. For shudder issues Instant Shudder Fix is the go to. The red can help w shudder but is an overall additive rather than a fix for a specific issue. Really is just fine and good for the tranny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back