2005 TSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at a 2005 TSX with AT, have been parked for almost a year and has ~120K miles.

Understand that gas can go bad, as per owner, fuel filter and relay has been replaced so as new gas has been added.

Should I stay away from it because of being parked or that shouldn't be a deal breaker? Thank you
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by ad244
Does it run? - Does it run well?

Too little information given

Yes it does run, not sure about the well part and can't be test driven on a highway/public road because tags have been expired.

Last edited:
Its a great car, as long as its not leaking fluids it should be fine for one year sitting.

I'll bite .. why was it dead off the road for a year?

But the K24 is a stout motor with very basic maintenance. There's a video on youtube of a 1st gen TSX with 500k miles.

Originally Posted by ZebRuaj
I'll bite .. why was it dead off the road for a year?

But the K24 is a stout motor with very basic maintenance. There's a video on youtube of a 1st gen TSX with 500k miles.

Yes have seen that video of a White TSX, doing 500K. Current 2006 TSX has been good so far too.

Was just concerned about the sitting for a year.

Mice can be a problem. If sitting in a field with weeds growing up to the car then rust can be an issue.

But you need to drive at normal road speed to see if any issues. It may have had issues before being parked.

Engine up to normal oper temp.

Can you take it for a test drive on a back road? Warm the auto transmission up and see how it up and downshifts. I have taken cars for test drives that were out of registration or not inspected any longer. I would not buy any private sale used car/truck without test driving first. Just my 2 cents though.
wink.gif

Great powertrain, great chassis, and very good interior quality. The TSX was one of Honda/Acura's best models ever IMHO. It's also very easy to maintain.

The TSX is just an Accord with more nice stuff in it
smile.gif

The worst thing is replacing the starter, if you ever need one. People on here have posted how difficult it is on the K24

I don't want to cool your jets... but in a 6mt the car would likely be a lot more fun... coming from someone who has driven same. I hav not driven the automatic...

The engine likes to rev...

Last edited:
We bought ours in Dec 2006; it has 195K miles and has been a wonderful car.
I think you will love it.
Put some decent tires on it and you have a great driver's car.

You may want to have your mechanic do an inspection on it. Probably cost $200 including towing.

Me, having a tender heart for older cars that need care, I'd buy it and get to work loving it back into shape.

OP - You have one in your signature so you should already know what to look for! 1 year old gas is nothing.

Originally Posted by maverickfhs
Looking at a 2005 TSX with AT, have been parked for almost a year and has ~120K miles.

Understand that gas can go bad, as per owner, fuel filter and relay has been replaced so as new gas has been added.

Should I stay away from it because of being parked or that shouldn't be a deal breaker? Thank you
thumbsup2.gif

Friends of mine bought an '07 or '09? I'm not sure how they differ, or if they do, but they never liked it. It was always needing some expensive something or other. You can start with around $1K for that timing belt that probably never got done at 105K.

The TSX's I see now in Vancouver... a lot of them have the traditional Honda rear wheel well rust... rearmost part of fender lip where the plastic bumper cover starts. U should have a look for that...

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by maverickfhs

thumbsup2.gif

Friends of mine bought an '07 or '09? I'm not sure how they differ, or if they do, but they never liked it. It was always needing some expensive something or other. You can start with around $1K for that timing belt that probably never got done at 105K.

Good luck changing the timing belt on a K24.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Cdn17Sport6MT
The TSX's I see now in Vancouver... a lot of them have the traditional Honda rear wheel well rust... rearmost part of fender lip where the plastic bumper cover starts. U should have a look for that...

I have an 06 TSX and it's starting to bubble up in that spot. There is another bubble in the 4 o'clock position on the same fender. It's the passenger side. The driver side shows no bubbles yet. That's the only spot that has rusted. The undercarriage looks like it's 6 months old. I've been very happy with how well it's held up. The car has 272k on it and still runs great. It's the best car I've ever owned. Still has the original clutch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back