Cool Motorcycle Pics

[Linked Image]

2007 Dyna Street Bob. All the cool cats are on Harleys.

I'll add to this thread. This is my ‘78 Honda XL75, bought new by my Dad's girlfriend and gifted to us for my kids to enjoy on our little property. Sometimes I even ride it to the mailbox or check the fences with it. And sometimes I also put 110 octane leaded race gas in it. I don't mention that to the wife though...

5ED7C688-172F-4DCD-9F08-9356023C365D.jpeg

Have you ever ridden around Laguna Seca at speed? I'm sure the parade lap was fun though. I'm surprised they let you out with mirrors in place, and lights not taped up.

Last edited:
I rode at Laguna in '02 on a Kaw ZX-6R. Pretty fun track. The corkscrew is really weird, but the big long downhill left hander coming out of it is probably more intimidating/fun because it's so much faster. I'd love to take another crack at it.

Here's a bad photo of my '06 FJR. Still runs well and looks good after 64k miles, but I'm getting the itch for something new. Maybe a big adventure bike so I can do a little more exploring, and to better cope with crappy road conditions.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I love that old XLV! The only time I've ever seen one here in the USA is probably early '90s. Someone with Euro plates was passing through Minot, North Dakota on his way to who knows where. Alaska, maybe?

Another one you didn't get in the US - the Yamaha DT230. This is a Japanese one, but they were also sold new here in NZ. One of the most high tech 2 strokes - electronic powervalve, electric start, balance shaft, traction control, 16 way clickers front and rear. I had 2 sets of wheels, strip the lights, change the wheels and gearing in half an hour. Another of those I wish....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 02SE
Have you ever ridden around Laguna Seca at speed? I'm sure the parade lap was fun though. I'm surprised they let you out with mirrors in place, and lights not taped up.

The photo was snapped post MotoGp race after security punched the
clock and departed the track... without a gate keeper I stole on to
the track equipped in full street legal mode... I'm waving to the bank
of Mary/wife... but Yes I've ridden around Laguna Seca wide fooking
open... Tech passed my homemade carbon exhaust can because I hand
stamped in the required 90dba but the sound lady between turns 5&6
wasn't buying it... she confronted me shaking her finger like my momma...
"Park it" she said, "you're 13dba over the limit"...

Homemade exhaust can with 90dba stamp...
[Linked Image from farm1.staticflickr.com]

[Linked Image from farm2.static.flickr.com]

[Linked Image from farm2.static.flickr.com]

Last edited:
That's funny. Those Db restrictions are ridiculous. People buy a place near a racetrack, and then complain about the noise. I raced there a few times back in the day.

Originally Posted by 02SE
That's funny. Those Db restrictions are ridiculous. People buy a place near a racetrack, and then complain about the noise. I raced there a few times back in the day.

The restrictions got to a point where a few stock bikes failed to pass during track days... funny Wayne Rainey lives on the same hill with a view of Laguna as the complainers...

Wayne Rainey Mr.RC45
[Linked Image]

Had a chance to talk with Mr. Rainey a few years back. He was trying to gauge opinion on whether Moto America had a chance of surviving. With family and lots of friends in the Motorcycle business, I said I honestly didn't know, as Motorcycling seems to be slowly fading away.

When I was a kid, seemingly every kid wanted a motorcycle. Now, it seems like they mostly just want the latest phone.

Originally Posted by Bonz
[Linked Image]

Trout Lake, Lizard Head pass southwestern Colorado, July 2019.

Majestic scenery to be riding a motorcycle in.

Love seeing the Z500 K Bike... I had a Z400FX while stationed in Japan and a GPZ550 while stationed in Kansas...

Mary Z400FX Kawasaki 1981 Yokota Japan

1981... While stationed in Wichita Kansas I ordered a new GPz550 from
East Side Honda... 3 days later I was off for a 1500 mile round trip
to New York and back... next summer I rode home to California and
back... I got the 3 spoke magnesium Dymags direct from Harris
Performance while on a TDY to England courtesy of the USAF...
[Linked Image from static.flickr.com]

Back