Calling retired detailer Rick from Texas

I have question about the Wet Paint Glaze pink bottle. I am trying to see if there is anything off the shelf which will come close to its functionality. I am trying to avoid yet another big order of Wet Paint every few years given the plethora of the products that I have bought *after* my last WPG order.

I like how WPG is able to handle dirty car without having to wash it first. I wonder if any of the newer "hybrid ceramic" products from Meguiars or TurtleWax or Mothers can act as a substitute for WPG's usage model.

Your Accord pictures is what prompted me to jump on WPG bandwagon.

I am not aware of any off the shelf product (or any at all) that can duplicate the properties of Wet Paint. There are many waterless washes and I've tried at least a dozen but none worked as well as WP. Sometimes the hunt for "better" is pointless.

The closest I can think of is Poorboy's Spray & Wipe. It is strictly a cleaner and does not leave the magnificent shine, depth, and slickness that WP does. If that's all you want then it works extremely well. As with WP it is meant for lightly dirty surfaces not mud caked. An advantage of the S&W is that you can spray it anywhere unlike the pink WP. As you know the WP can be hard to access if sprayed into areas like grillwork, etc. If you can't get to it to wipe it off it may leave a pinkish film.

Last edited:
That is pretty disappointing. When was your last WPG order? Is it still good as the original? I tell myself that I need to curtail my attitude of a finding bargain and just purchase what I really like rather than wasting even more money on dozens of other product which never really do the job at least the way I end up using them.

I got some about 2 months ago. It works as well as it always has. I used to order it like this.....one case of each:

8-oz. AIRosols $8.99 each or $75.00 in case lots of twelve (save $32.88!!!)

32-oz. Refills $17.98 each or $75.00 in case lots of six (save 32.88!!!)

As I used the AIRosols I refilled them from the quarts. I went through a lot of product so this made the best sense for me.
Sometimes you just have to pay the piper if you want the results you have become accustomed to.

I also use it on brass, granite countertops, glass, mirrors, etc. The varied uses helps offset the cost and shipping in my opinion.

Wow! Are you able to use that much up for your own personal use? As I understand you no longer detail for money any more.

That website has not had *any* update in years :-( There are no new gallery photos. It is as if the owner paid once for the web developer and then fired her. The only thing updated is the price list.

But I do trust *you* Rick, so I am going to order.

Keys words: I used to order it like this.....one case of each.........

I only got one combo pack last order.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Vikas
That website has not had *any* update in years :-( There are no new gallery photos. It is as if the owner paid once for the web developer and then fired her. The only thing updated is the price list.

Thank you for your trust. If I knew of a better or even equal product I would be the first to put out the word. You know first hand what to expect so there is no risk involved.

They generally close for a week or so around Christmas, just a heads up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Vikas

Thank you for your trust. If I knew of a better or even equal product I would be the first to put out the word. You know first hand what to expect so there is no risk involved.

They generally close for a week or so around Christmas, just a heads up.
Hi Rick,

Anything better than this? Heck could not even remember the name of this product!

Thanks,
Vikas

Not that I'm aware of but once again I've been out of the detailing game for a LONG time. The owner/inventor of Wet Paint has passed away so for now, the product is no longer available. It's possible that it may be available in the future but that is up in the air. The site is still up but no one answers the phone. Time for you to experiment, WP is no more.

wow :-( Now I am really mad about losing my last bottle. It must be somewhere in the garage or basement.

Not that I'm aware of but once again I've been out of the detailing game for a LONG time. The owner/inventor of Wet Paint has passed away so for now, the product is no longer available. It's possible that it may be available in the future but that is up in the air. The site is still up but no one answers the phone. Time for you to experiment, WP is no more.
Funny, the lady picked up the phone and announced herself as some different company. I said "sorry must be wrong number" and she prodded me further and she told me that the WPG business has been sold but the new owner is not yet ready to start shipping or to take any orders yet

Funny, the lady picked up the phone and announced herself as some different company. I said "sorry must be wrong number" and she prodded me further and she told me that the WPG business has been sold but the new owner is not yet ready to start shipping or to take any orders yet
I'm surprised at that. My nephew called for weeks with no answer not realizing the owner had passed.

Back