Quietest dirt bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand there's no such thing as a silent dirt bike, but what is the quietest one you recommend, and would a bigger muffler quiet it down further?

I've never had a bike, just 4 wheelers growing up, but now that I have my own house I'm getting the itch. Not looking for anything new, fast or street ready since it'll just be to putter around the field out back. Neighbors are fairly close by and I don't want to be rude if I can help it.

I had a brand new Suzuki 200 dual purpose 4 stroke steet legal dirt bike that was very quiet. I sold it about 3 years ago with only about 1,000 miles on it and I had thought I would ride it more than I actually did. The bike was an amazing dual purpose bike and didn't make much noise at all.

I don't personally own one, but I've heard some Honda's run and they are quiet. The smaller the motor the quieter it is. Check ur local dealers and have them crank one up for you.

You sound like the perfect owner of an electric dirt bike. Almost silent and not worried about range.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by AZjeff
You sound like the perfect owner of an electric dirt bike. Almost silent and not worried about range.

[Linked Image]

I agree, one would be perfect for my situation BUT they're waaaaaayyyy more than I want to spend.

Trail 90/110 is quietest.
But it's really a tote/mule pack machine, near zero suspension. NOT a dirt bike.

Originally Posted by vw7674
But it's really a tote/mule pack machine, near zero suspension. NOT a dirt bike.
I always wanted one of those, they are so cool with the hi and lo range.

This is interesting. Would the 90 be quieter than the 110 theoretically? I assume it must be true that 4 strokes are quieter than 2?

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules

This is interesting. Would the 90 be quieter than the 110 theoretically? I assume it must be true that 4 strokes are quieter than 2?
The only difference is a larger bore, so they probably sound similar.

I have a 2005 Honda CRF 230 that is pretty quiet and a 2003 CR250 that is very loud. That Trail 110 is more moped than dirt bike but may suit you well depending on what you want to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back