pulling a trailer through the drive thru?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome! So all you had to do is say it's for the horse and then pull up a tad? They must of gotten a kick out of that. lol I would have fed the horse.

Originally Posted by JunkdrawerDog
I once pulled my motorcycle trailer through a McDonald's drive through and and got hung on one of those yellow, concrete filled posts. Trailer went up on one wheel then came crashing back down. The manager came running out, thinking there had been a wreck in the drive through. He yelled "Did you hear that noise?" I said "I didn't hear anything. " Proceeded to pay, get my food and leave. Pulled over down the road to inspect damage. A bent tie down arm and a missing fender. Never did fix any of that stuff. Looking at it was like remembering a good joke or a funny story.

LOL! I've heard of people driving off only to find the license plate was what got ripped off.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
That's awesome! So all you had to do is say it's for the horse and then pull up a tad? They must of gotten a kick out of that. lol I would have fed the horse.

Yeah, I asked her if she wanted to hand him the apple pies and she was thrilled. I pulled up a bit and let her hand one up in.

I pulled out after that and into some empty spots, set my coffee up there and took this pic feeding him the second pie.

He weighed around 950 pounds so I figured the diabetes risk was low, especially given his regular diet.
wink.gif

I started this as a reward mechanism/positive feedback mechanism, I would trailer him a lot to ride places all over western WA and eastern sometimes. Hours in a loud trailer, sometimes rain seeping in, noise and confinement and all the stuff that horses really hate. I admire them they do it for us because we ask and bond with them. I would often stop in a McD to get coffee for the drive back. I knew they loved apples, so I started getting apple pies as a treat for "thanks for the day, this makes an awkward long trailer ride a little better." I pulled through quite a few McDonalds like this all over Washington state.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tdbo
Doesn't bother me except for one time.
Mrs. Tdbo and myself were going through a McDonalds drive thru in NW Indiana, on the way back from a trip to Chicago.
Some guy was in line ahead of us in a truck towing a horse trailer with horses in it.
While in line, horse lifts tail and launches a major league dump, almost hitting the hood of the car.
Talk about an unplanned reason for portion control.

That's the type of thing where you wish you had a dash cam.

The wendy's by my house is on a hill and the drive through path is very tight with a curb on both edges. You see tire scuffs up and down both sides. It takes precision to get just my CCSB pickup through. I'd say its possible to pull a trailer through but your lines would have to be flawless.

Originally Posted by dareo
The wendy's by my house is on a hill and the drive through path is very tight with a curb on both edges. You see tire scuffs up and down both sides. It takes precision to get just my CCSB pickup through. I'd say its possible to pull a trailer through but your lines would have to be flawless.

Some of them you can't do it. One thing is make sure you can actually make it through both height wise and width, otherwise you're going to making a few people mad when they don't get their Big Mac in time.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I don't ever see anyone do it, but if it's big enough and the drive thru doesn't have that curb that keeps you from pulling out. why not? I went through the mcdonalds drive thru with the trailer yesterday cause their wasn't anywhere to park.

I honestly wouldn't care if I were in the drive-through also, provided you actually drive through at a sensible pace and don't do a bunch of backing up/pulling forward mess. It's not like your trailer made an order or will take any longer for me to get mine because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back