AC DELCO PF 64 FACTORY FILTER CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening BITOGERS
smile.gif

This filter was off a friends 2020 Chevrolet Malibu. Filter and oil had 4,000 miles on them. Replaced with M1 0w20 and another AC DELCO PF64

Enjoy the photos
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Chris142
Is metal end caps on an ecore normal?

Maybe becoming normal as few Super Tech filters I cut had metal endcaps

same filter used on girlfriends 13 2.5 malibu that was sucking a qt on a thou or less!!! good luck with yours

Originally Posted by benjy
same filter used on girlfriends 13 2.5 malibu that was sucking a qt on a thou or less!!! good luck with yours

Was the sucking caused by the filter?

Not my car as stated in post!

Originally Posted by kschachn

Was the sucking caused by the filter?

I doubt he meant it like that.

Hey buddy … you should have all of us on ignore and get some Zzzzzzzz's

Interesting filter, I'd call it a hybrid design. Ecore centertube and double baseplate, classic metal endcap with separate poppet type bypass. With the exception of the double baseplate, very similar to the current Super Tech 9688 that's been posted here before. Both made by Champ.

Look fine at 4k miles.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Hey buddy … you should have all of us on ignore and get some Zzzzzzzz's

Nah, most people on here are nice; including you and that cat bbhero
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Interesting filter, I'd call it a hybrid design. Ecore centertube and double baseplate, classic metal endcap with separate poppet type bypass. With the exception of the double baseplate, very similar to the current Super Tech 9688 that's been posted here before. Both made by Champ.

Look fine at 4k miles.

Thanks for c&p.

You are welcome
smile.gif

It's unfortunate Champ/GM does use the silicone ADBV on all it's AC Delco filters. I went a couple decades (mid 80s to around 2005) buying nothing but AC Delco. Then black nitrile ADBVs started appearing on most AC Delco model numbers and that sent me packing-up shop to Motorcraft. Then soon after, Motorcaft started abandoning silicone ADBV. Now I stick to mainly silicone OEM or Wix.

No more K&N, Mobil-1 or Fram TG. Fram wants almost $10 for the silicone Fram TG 9688 that fits my Kia and Hyundai...... ridiculous! They want at least $12 for the Ultra...... no way Jose.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Is this the factory filter ?

Yep

Sorry missed that part
Thanks

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Wow that looks good. Anybody know what the efficiency is?

The last time I saw efficiency numbers for these filters they weren't all that great, something like 99% at 35-40 microns.

Yep, have been through several PF63E's now (cut them new and used) - all of them well spaced and bonded tight/square - and the nitrile ADBV has been holding back lots of oil from the engine,
(lose about a quart on a filter change).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back