Fed ex

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a txt yesterday that said I was going to get a package delivered today between 8a and 9p. So I have been waiting around for it all day.

I just got a 2nd text that said it's delayed till Tuesday. Is this normal for Fed ex?

Originally Posted by Chris142
I got a txt yesterday that said I was going to get a package delivered today between 8a and 9p. So I have been waiting around for it all day.

I just got a 2nd text that said it's delayed till Tuesday. Is this normal for Fed ex?

Getting a txt or that it's delayed? I've never gotten a text, don't think they even have my phone number, but do get delayed packages.

In my experience USPS priority mail is the worst tracking / delivery you will see. Doesn't matter the time of year. I generally try to get packages UPS or Fedex.

You can request to change the delivery date or adress I believe so someone is around to sign.

Bummer on the signature, I haven't had that in a while, but I sure would avoid buying anything that needed one. Is it something you could have delivered to work?

It happens. Could be because it's busy or weather or truck broke down who knows... If you signed up for text status updates you'll get text messages.

FexEx has been a mess the past year or two. I get everything with a signature delivered to the local FedEx office. Sign up for both FedEx and UPS apps delivery messengers, saves a lot of time.

So I wasted a whole day waiting around for it.
My initial reaction was "noooooo, do not wait at home for a delivery like this" then I saw your later post.

Nobody will be home to get it on tues as it requires a signature.
Actually, I'll repeat what I just said, "do not wait at home for a delivery". If signature is required, you have two options, 1) wait at home all day or 2) have it held at a Fedex facility so you can pick it up on your schedule.

Originally Posted by supton
Bummer on the signature, I haven't had that in a while, but I sure would avoid buying anything that needed one. Is it something you could have delivered to work?

It's an Xmas present from someone. Don't know who. Prolly one of my wife's clients.

Just a general comment which applies to UPS, Fedex, etc: Combined, these two deliver 25 million packages every day (that's their average number and it's probably substantially higher at this time of the year). They will make mistakes, have delays, and so on. They still probably get in the high 90% of packages delivered correctly.

Originally Posted by atikovi
There should be an option to have it sent to a local Fedex branch or Fedex Office store so you can pick it up.

Right. My local Walmart has a FedEx (franchise) shipping shop.. it's one of many local places I can have the pkg routed to.

Here's a link to find drop off/pick up loc's..

http://www.fedex.com/us/onsite/index.html

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FA_WRX
In my experience USPS priority mail is the worst tracking / delivery you will see. Doesn't matter the time of year. I generally try to get packages UPS or Fedex.

You can request to change the delivery date or adress I believe so someone is around to sign.

Even if you pay for the best delivery it can still be the worse. Had a client send a bank check via next day delivery USPS, didn't showed up next day. Finally showed up a week later. So the client didn't have the funds for a closing but managed to borrow it from someone at the last minute. Check finally showed up a week later. I spoke with an attorney and she said she never uses USPS, always Fedex and they haven't lost a package for her yet.

I would bite the bullet and have them hold it for pick up. There are other ways around your situation but this is the simplest and cleanest with the least chances of future mistakes at this point.

My FedEx is 40 minutes away but the 1 hour plus drive sure beats missing deliveries. Sometimes you can print out a card from FedEx website and sign it and leave it on your door and they will accept that
as your signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back