Drill brush attachments for cleaning - wish I found these sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we all know the pain of bathtub cleaning, especially if you have grout to deal with.

Well I stumbled upon the below when I was stuck in an Amazon hole one day and figured at $10 if they suck its not a huge loss. Well let's just say these are my new favorite cleaning tool for at least the bath tub so far. The grout in my tub has never been cleaner, the drill providing the mechanical scrubbing action did a much better job cleaning both the grout and the tile than I could ever accomplish with just manual scrubbing.

Only bad things I will say is cordless drills are generally heavy because of the battery pack so I had to take a break about ½ way through cleaning my garden size tub. Also the smallest attachment the brushes could be longer because corners I could not get great contact without the plastic disk holding the brushes hitting the sides, I think the packages with more brush attachments might have better brushes for the corners.

Next up I'm going to give this a go on the grout on the floor tiles in the bathroom but that may be a next weekend project. Feel this may be an easier project as the drill weight is providing the downward pressure vs holding the weight of the drill and having to provide the pressure on vertical surfaces.

Drill brushes - Amazon

Originally Posted by Warstud
Did you seal the grout afterward ?

I did not - the whole thing is going to be demo'ed in the next 12 months or so, just limping it along and keeping it clean for the time being. Original owner put what looks like slate tile in that cannot accept normal bath cleaners but then proceeded to use normal bath cleaners for 17+ years so the whole system is in terrible condition. I may re-caulk the corners and where the tile meets the fiberglass tub but I am not doing too much to the tile work and grout.

I've thought about getting something like these for cleaning my wheels, but worry about damaging the wheels' finish; probably an unfounded fear.

Originally Posted by gathermewool
I've thought about getting something like these for cleaning my wheels, but worry about damaging the wheels' finish; probably an unfounded fear.

They have different levels of brush stiffness depending on use, the yellow that these are I believe 2nd to softest and I believe there is a softer brush set than the yellow. The yellow feels to be same bristle stiffness as your typical toilet brush and the kit even mentions for auto use. I can imagine this working very well on wheels and wheel wells.

The toilet brush attachment works well in corners, in addition to cleaning the toilet....
I used the large brush attachment to clean the car floor mats and it works well.
It does tend to sling around the cleaning solution........

Originally Posted by pezzy669
Only bad things I will say is cordless drills are generally heavy because of the battery pack so I had to take a break about ½ way through cleaning my garden size tub.

Use a corded drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back