Motorcraft 5W-20 canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 2019 f150 and want to have a litre or so of the factory fill oil around to top it up as I see it's a little low. The manual for Canadian trucks calls for "super premium" CXO-5W20-LSP12. I can't find this stuff anywhere online and the dealer doesn't seem to know what this stuff is even though it's in the manual.

Do any of the Canadian members here know where I can get this stuff in Canada? Or should I be trying a different dealer?

Assuming it's Conoco-Phillips, I dropped Firestone for cheap oil changes because they switched from Kendall syn-blend to Quaker State conventional. That was before I learned that almost all SN oils are blends no matter what they call them. The Kendall kept my engine pretty clean if I remember correctly.

Yep just buy whatever 5w20 Motorcraft the dealer has for your truck and you'll be ok. Personally, I bought my 2018 new this year, drove it for 90% of the oil change interval and then dumped it when it was above the add hole, but still in the hatch marks.

My 3.5L EB consumed some of the factory fill oil during break in, but after that it hasn't consumed any since. I went with full synthetic rather than motorcraft since we're entering winter and I wanted better cold starts.

I did have Motorcraft in an Encore bought from a Ford dealer but dumped it early since it was under warranty and not Dexos, but what's the attraction to Motorcraft (again, had good luck with Kendall, so nothing against it)?

Originally Posted by csandste
I did have Motorcraft in an Encore bought from a Ford dealer but dumped it early since it was under warranty and not Dexos, but what's the attraction to Motorcraft (again, had good luck with Kendall, so nothing against it)?

I still use Motorcraft in my 14 Mustang GT and have since I bought it new over 6 years ago. It's a good oil that I just continue to use and looking into the oil fill cap, it's spotless in there. My fiancee uses it in her 2007 Mustang GT and has for almost 10 years.

She used Motorcraft diesel oil in her 2003 Super Duty that she owned for 14 years and never had a problem with the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back