90 350 intake gaskets and sealant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read where that fitting is infamous for breaking off and I hope there is not one of these in my future
[Linked Image]

I'm surprised it still has the original style heater hose assembly on it! Trying to remove the hard line at the disconnect probably won't happen, The plastic retainer will break!

If you want to salvage it.....Disconnect it at the heater core & the bracket, Remove it with the intake.

In my opinion, It's a leak waiting to happen & I would eliminate it altogether!

Go ahead & remove it with the intake, Use your "Victor" to heat the boss around the fitting...A brazing tip is usually good enough. Try working the fitting out.
Get a 1/2" NPT to 3/4" Barb/Nipple fitting & a Gates 28481 molded 90° hose. I like to use OE style spring clamps.

You can use a straight hose off the fitting but it puts a lot of stress on the hose right off the fitting. With the 90° hose you tie it back onto the bracket.

The Dorman replacement parts for the original set-up are JUNK!!

Thanks man! As soon as I saw that fitting and noticed that there is a very slight amount of coolant leaking the first thought was to change it out with conventional fittings and a new hose. Thanks for the part number!
Man I could really use an over the top creeper. I'm going to fabricate one here this morning before I start back at it.

CLine what time I had in the shop this morning was spent on the GEEZER CREEPER. The top platform is tacked good in the pics but it is apparent on my first test rod tonight that I would like to move it 6" toward the rear of the truck. Could you please do me a favor and set your factory made unit as close to 48" from the floor to the top of your top platform and then give me a rough measurement of the distance from the rear edge of the top platform to rear edge of the the wheels on the floor or whatever is contacting the floor on yours. I would like to know this measurement before I move the top platform. Just want to have some coushion there so it has no tendency to tip into the engine bay.

Btw this is just a proof of concept. When I get this dialed in we will make 5 for my bro's!

That thing is awesome. I need one for my 1 ton Chevy.

On topic on my SBCs I always used Fel-pro and "The right stuff"

Mike the top tallest adjustment on this is made to give me 7" clearance above everything across the top of the engine bay of my 2016 6oh Sierra lol.

Oh and one more thing Mike... there is no better time than right (.....) now to buy every set of 243-799's that you can get your hands on. Do it for your grand kids! They will be just like the double humpers and they are available in every salvage yard right now. I got 7 virgin sets and never paid more than 2 Hundy per set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back