Where and how do you sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out for fish dinner last night with few co workers and retired co worker. We got talking about this. I sleep the best on my side or back. I can sleep on a couch or recliner. I'd have to say I have had my best sleep and naps on my couch
smile.gif

How about you folks? Where do you sleep the best and do you sleep good or great?

Last edited:
Best sleep is on my side with a firm pillow and mattress, but with our new recliners it's a toss up, wife has had to come out and get me into bed at 3/4 in the AM sound asleep sawing some serious logs.
lol.gif

On my side with my buckwheat hull pillow, in my own bed.

I pretty much 90% of the time sleep on my right side. Sometimes I can sleep on my left, but most times I feel my heart beating on that side and it's super annoying. Has to be in a bed, never fell asleep well on a recliner or couch. Never been a good sleeper and working nights has definitely made the issue worse sleeping during the day, but it is what it is.

On my belly with arms above and under my head.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I sleep the best on my side or back.

What other possibilities are there besides your stomach, and then you can't breathe.

lol.gif

I have a fantastic set of pillows that are self-heating that I find I sleep the best when I'm snuggled up to them
grin.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
I have a fantastic set of pillows that are self-heating that I find I sleep the best when I'm snuggled up to them
grin.gif

Wait... They make heated pillows? There goes my utility bill through the roof!

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
grin.gif

Wait... They make heated pillows? There goes my utility bill through the roof!

These actually belong to my wife but she is generous enough to let me use them some nights
wink.gif

On an air mattress in a tent listening to a nearby stream out camping.
I sleep like a baby there
We like to camp out in our favorite North Carolina location
Man I think of that stream all the time when I lay awake in my bed

That is a [censored] of a question. In my early days I could sleep in a patrol car but it was weird to say the least. Only those who have experienced the fatigue know what I mean. The crazy bizarre dreams....OMG. This was only on midnight tours. Never had em since being off those horrible hours. For those that don't know....so tired you park your RMP facing the Hudson River. You aren't planning on sleeping. Next thing you know you awake in a frantic fear and slam your brakes thinking you are driving into the river. Best job in the world; worst job in the world.

I'm a side sleeper. Love a pillow to grab. I move a lot. Restless to say the least. I am half deaf (firearms instructor) yet wake up at the slightest sound. part of the job I guess.
banana2.gif

I sleep on my right side only, due to back issues. I prefer a soft mattress, same reason. Also a cold pillow, not too soft, not too firm, and certainly not too "Poofy".

Last edited:
Left side, just a decent pillow necessary. When I was working instead of going home every night after my midnight shift I just crashed at the job in a conference room on bare floor with sheet. Nice and firm ha ha. Anything other than a soft mattress now is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back